FS manipulation tactic #137: "Are you the manager?"

by rebel8 4 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

This was to be used when visiting businesses. If you asked the first person you saw if he was the manager, either:

a. He is the manager and you can proceed with your pitch, getting permission to leave your literatrash in the business, annoy the customers, and interfere with the staff's productivity by witnessing to them.

b. He is not the manager, and having an ego built for a 6-yr-old, he will automatically feel so flattered that you thought he was the manager that he'll say yes to anything you ask. You can now proceed with your pitch, getting permission to leave your literatrash in the business, annoy the customers, and interfere with the staff's productivity by witnessing to them.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Good trick. Don't businesses usually have policies whether they will allow soliciting or not?

• blondie
    blondie

Actually the manager where I work does not have the legal right to let someone talk to me about religion at work. I can on my personal time, lunch or break.

The WTS suggests this which is forbidden where I work; all religious material must be kept in your desk drawer.

*** km 8/10 p. 4 par. 8 You Can Witness Informally! ***

Simply leaving one of our publications where it is visible may arouse the curiosity of workmates or classmates and prompt them to inquire about it.

• Syme
    Syme

Yes, I remember that too! It was used especially by a big time CO, who taught that 'trick' at visits and pioneer schools.

I thought that that was just a personal idea of that charismatic CO, but as I can see now it was probably taught in general.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Stiil, how do you come across as anything more than a deluded Hari Krishna cult looney?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit