Watch as JWs are 'educated' by their 'bible student' about evolution, abiogenesis, Watchtower quote mining, etc. LOL.

by Island Man 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Pete7
    Pete7

From what i see this Guy is juggling words in the first video about evolution ... he is confusing evolution with adaptation,...that my friend is not evolution..lol The animal did not change to another species...it was only changing to the environment and circumstances. and all life in this planet have that ability and capabilites. sorry but evolution is not a law proven in fact it is still in the realm of a theory.

Richard Neves, a Virginia Tech professor emeritus, has long fought this battle, despite being a nationally recognized scientist with an expertise in mussels.

“Those who are in charge of science in this country,” he said in a telephone interview, “from the National Academy of Sciences on down, they will not allow alternative hypothesis to be presented because their philosophical view is as strong as their scientific view.”
    Almost religious in nature?

“It is,” Neves replied. “ . . . just as strong as any other typical religion we can think of. . . they need to have a more open mind and look at the lack of evidence that does not support the neo-Darwinian theory.

(Something I’m sure many of you had concluded long ago.) The holes in the theory are just too glaring. Me, I have a bachelor of science in biology, and have a lifelong fascination with this study of life. I am constantly amazed at the absolute certainty of people who, armed with maybe one high school biology class, believe so completely and passionately in the theory that man evolved from apes.

• Pete7
    Pete7

Even Darwin himself, 155 years ago, wondered why there are no transitional fossils – missing links – between not only man and ape but between dog and cats, fish and amphibian. In fact, all the animals alive today can be found in the most distant fossil records, although many have slowly changed over time to adapt to changing environments. But nothing showing one species turning into another.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

That man evolved from apes is a creationist fallacy, and you spouting it is a sure sign of your ignorance of the subject.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Pete7... Was your bachelors in biology like... An honorary thing? No biologist would have said what you just did. None.

• cofty
    cofty

Pete7 - You have a BSc in biology and yet you don't know what the word "theory" means. Really?

Every living thing evolved from a common ancestor by unguided evolution. This is a fact as certain as the fact that the earth is not flat.

Pete - How did you find time to get a BSc in biology and become an expert in biblical Hebrew?

"Well since I can read the Hebrew text of the bible, I can tell you..."

• donny
    donny

Every living thing today is a transitional form. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfoje7jVJpU

• cofty
    cofty

That is a really important point Donny.

Platonic Essentialism still looms large in the minds of most people.

• Pete7
    Pete7

First I was only quoting Richard Neves, a Virginia Tech professor emeritus..he is the one that said he had bachelor of science in biology.. not me. and by the way cofty ? are you saying that people who have a bachelor in science can't learn biblical hebrew? serious cofty ? your that dumb ? that people can't learn languages too ? boy your real bright..lol

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

So pete, what is your educational background? I'm guessing a bachelors of Bullshit in the WT and Awake? Does it now take two lifetimes of reading those fine publications to equal a bachelor's degree now that they have been reduced in size to 16 pages?

Maybe you would care to explain why 99% of species that once existed, no longer exist?

• cofty
    cofty

are you saying that people who have a bachelor in science can't learn biblical hebrew? - Pete

No, what gave you that impression? I was asking you specifically how you as a JW found the time to get a BSc in biology and learn to read biblical Hebrew fluently. Your tenuous grasp of English made me wonder if you were being entirely honest.

Please take a moment to introduce yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit