Is governance by the "Governing" Body merely an ILLUSION?

by Terry 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

The inside dynamic, or "politics" of the Watch Tower Society is largely a function of personalities.

If you examine at the granular level the human dynamic a sharpening of motives appear which supercede the PR propaganda.

Each step along the way people were driven by the usual conflicts, rivalries and CYA philosophy. Not very much difference

between this organization and your everyday corporate politics, really.

• Wulf
    Wulf

I agree Terry.

What was new for me in your post was the explicit linking of the creation of the GB to the failure of the 75 prophecy, which is a genuinely interesting point. I don't remember Ray Franz really mentioning many details of the GBs emergence in CoC, only that Freddy Franz was vehemently opposed and he railed against it in the gilead graduation class talk of 75 (I think) etc. Maybe I'm forgetting something obvious though...

I guess regardless the GB was a reaction against the Presidency (Knorr and Franz), however you look at it.

• Terry
    Terry

Really, without understanding the MYSTERY DOCTRINE passed down from Russell to Franz and the necessity of a magic macguffin--one can hardly

see the need for GB pretext.

Russell was the modern day embodiment of a "last call" for the body of Christ. Rutherford did as he damn well pleased under the mantle of Russell until he threw the old boy under the bus and scuttled his interpretations.

Judge Rutherford was the mouthpiece and the pretext of Faithful and Discreet slave was all he needed.

The rulership of Franz/Nathan Knorr was a symbiosis using Governing Body in a pincer movement of headship and Prime Minister.

The crazy position in which Franz placed the reputation of JW's in modern times was ghastly!

The legal and political in-fighting staged a coup and brought down the power of the President and his Prime Minister in 1972.

Fred Franz was a figure head like Her Majesty in Great Britain.

Now, the tail wags the dog. Oh, and it barks and barks and barks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit