Governing Bodies Secret Elder's training video on suicide leaked

by Watchtower-Free 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

I have all the letters from 1981-last week

https://www.mediafire.com/?xcms3k2jv1ar0pd

Christian Sparlock Freedom (Facebook) (YouTuBe)

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

Thanks, Watchtower-Free. You're a star!

• Heaven
    Heaven

The elders should be trained to get someone in this much distress to a grief counsellor, pronto.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

What really jumped out at me while watching this video is the widow's crying at the grave site...I attended several JW services and never saw much demonstration of intense grief...JW usually cry silently or cry privately. They also rarely go to the grave site...many not having such a site to be remembered by...I also asked myself how Jesus would have reacted if a sister came to him with such grief? Would he have been cold and distant like the elders or would he had held her in his arms like a loving family member? In real life telling her that Job overcame the loss of 10 family members does very little to comfort someone who is suicidal. Every person deals with grief in different ways and there's no one size fits all solution as this video would like you to believe...if Job was able to cope so will you...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

LostGeneration - "Wouldn't the typical clergy member of 'Christendom' get that person some help? SOME REAL HELP NOW! Like driving them to a real mental health facility, or calling the authorities at least!"

Yes.

The reason the WTS doesn't encourage this is because to do so would imply that these elements of "Satan's World"(TM) might actually be better at caring for and meeting the needs of someone in spiritual or emotional distress than the WTS.

And that prospect is comepletely unacceptable to them.

That being said, I've known of elders who have recommended qualified mental health counseling (outside of the WT) and/or hospitalization.

Although I suspect these days, the Org has little use for such individuals.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

First segment is what not to do second is what they are to do

?? I keep reading posts saying that the first segment is 'what not to do.' Where are we getting this idea? I just don't see it...

The two segments don't show the same situation being handled in two different ways. One is handling the emotional crisis at the hall where the woman tells the elder she feels suicidal.

Then, because she told the elder at the hall that she feels suicidal, two elders come to speak with her at her home (second clip).

I don't see any indication that the first video is 'the wrong way' and the second is 'the right way.'

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Where are we getting this idea? I just don't see it...

If you notice the pause ... time for the Corporate representative to discuss video with the elder audience ... how not to, first scenario, how to, second scenario.

• Watchtower-Free
  • insearchoftruth
  • losingit
    losingit

Marked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit