Governing Bodies Secret Elder's training video on suicide leaked

by Watchtower-Free 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Watchtower minions have pulled down Jwsurveys links . Here's another one .

The GB should be held liable for this crap

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/cvas6fcrc9zca94/Shepherding_instructional_Suicidal_Widow.avi

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

This has t be sent to people, so it gets mirrored. Sparlock is all over the place for example.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

I am he

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

That was interesting...

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am confused, is this an official WT video? Or a parody.

• Suspicious
    Suspicious

It’s definitely the original. I believe in the 1st demonstration it shows everything the elder did wrong. After that there was probably a discussion to review what was wrong with what he did. Then the 2nd time it shows the correct procedures to follow. Always go in two's, and be sympathetic and use the bible, blah blah blah.

• Watchtower-Free
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I sent it to a local newspaper. I suggest that everyone else do the same. Surely, someone would run a story on this unbelievable crap! What about e-mailing local mental health professionals? They would be mad as hell!!

DD

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..........Are you a JW..And................................Let JW Elder.....................................Dr.Quack Was Educated At The..

...........Feeling Suicidal?!...........................Dr.Quack Help You!..................................WBT$ WatchTard University!..

..............................................................................................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

Further to understanding the WT's position on suicide intervention/counseling, does anyone have access to a digital copy of the BOE letter on handling suicides - referenced in "LostGeneration's" post below?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/224444/1/Gutless-WTS-Leadership-From-the-Confidentiality-Letter#.Uwf3TYWmX9o

The letter leaked today on "confidentiality" had an infurating set of paragraphs on suicides, attempted suicides, and threatened suicides. Here is the excerpt.

SUICIDES AND ATTEMPTED OR THREATENED SUICIDES
    20. At times, judicial committees may deal with someone who is so distraught that he attempts
    or threatens to commit suicide. In such cases it may be best for the committee to suspend the
    hearing and focus on helping the person to regain his balance. In any event, the elders should treat
    the person with extreme thoughtfulness and kindness.—ks10 chap. 5 par. 4; chap. 6 par. 16.

Really? "it may be best"? Ya think so? Here a person is facing shunning from all of their family and friends for an unknown period of time based on breaking one of the hundreds of WT rules out there. Yet the best the WTS can do is say "it may be best" to suspend the hearing, and "be nice to that crazy person"? How about an automatic 30 day suspension of any congregational action when a person is at the brink of killing themselves? Oh wait, gotta keep the congo clean now don't we? Who cares if a few sinners off themselves because of they don't know how to deal with an abusive, star-chamber hearing where they aren't even allowed to have a supporting witness, let alone an attorney or audio recorder?

The next paragraph is even worse...

21. In addition, elders should immediately call the Legal Department for legal direction
    whenever they learn of an actual suicide, a threatened suicide, or an attempted suicide, since legally
    this is also defined as self-murder or felo-de-se. Whether a family member or close friend with
    knowledge of the suicide threat or suicide attempt reports it to authorities is a personal decision for
    him to make. (Gal. 6:5) Elders should not discourage anyone from reporting the matter. Family
    members who are aware of the suicide threat or attempt should be encouraged to take positive steps
    to prevent the person from harming himself.

Here they go into full child-molester protection model, with their "personal decision" bullshit. Wouldn't the typical clergy member of "Christendom" get that person some help? SOME REAL HELP NOW! Like driving them to a real mental health facility, or calling the authorities at least! I have zero doubts that the average pastor/priest/minister would stay with that person until they had 100% assurance that the danger had passed, and that they were in the capable hands of a mental health professional.

But your local elder body? Hell NO! Instead, its the old "hands off" routine. Sure if the person wants to get help, thats fine by us. Or we will even tell family to take care of your suicidal nut case. But we aren't going to do a damn thing about it except CALL THE LEGAL DEPARTMENT.

In fact, I just searched CALL THE LEGAL DEPARTMENT in that document, it appears 14 TIMES. Recommendations to call the police? Only when someone is disruptive at the meetings, or when you can't harass people in your obnoxious door to door ministry. NOT ONE TIME IS IT RECOMMENDED TO CALL POLICE REGARDING ANY WRONGDOING OR PROBLEM INVOLVING A JW in that letter.

The JWN link to the BOE letter (mentioned further in the thread) is no longer active.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit