No, you're not imagining it. The GB really are their high priests!

by leaving_quietly 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

In a talk on the TMS this week about Abiathar, the brother said pointed out he was a high priest, equivalent to what a governing body member is today!

So, no, you're not imagining it. Christ is NOT their High Priest. The GB is!!!

• cantleave
  • valkyrie
    valkyrie

When is the lightning going to strike?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The power, the power ........ everyone must obey me or die !!!!

• Honesty
    Honesty

It wasn't too much of a stretch to go from this:

w52 2/1 p. 79 par. 10 Jehovah’s Theocratic Organization Today ***

God interprets and teaches, through Christ the Chief Servant, who in turn uses the discreet slave as the visible channel, the visible theocratic organization. David approached God through the priestly organization represented by Abiathar, who had the ephod; and a servant of today must likewise look to God’s visible organization for spiritual food that is timely and for directions in Kingdom service.

To this:

In a talk on the TMS this week about Abiathar, the brother said pointed out he was a high priest, equivalent to what a governing body member is today!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

God interprets what exactly??? Did God think that the WTBTS leaders were placed over the "belongings" for 90+ years?!?! If the WT magazine is Jehovah's thoughts, not men's thoughts, then that means Jehovah was wrong. So I guess God forgot what he wrote down and has been trying to interpret HIS OWN THOUGHTS for the last 2,000+ years, only just now getting it right with the GB 2.0... WHY IN THE HELL WOULD GOD NEED TO INTERPRET HIS OWN WORD??? WHAT'S THE POINT OF EVEN PRESERVING IT IF IT DOESN'T MEAN WHAT IT SAYS?!?!? WTH!!! WATCHTARDED!!!!!!!

DD

• blondie
    blondie

Of course, it seems that is a statement by one man from the platform...does the WTS say that in its publications, that the anointed still on earth are acting as priests now or not until they are resurrected to heaven?

*** w12 3/15 p. 20 par. 2 Rejoicing in Our Hope ***

Christians living at this time of the end focus their attention on one of two hopes. The remaining members of the “little flock” of anointed Christians have the hope of immortal life in heaven as kings and priests with Christ in his Kingdom. (Luke 12:32; Rev. 5:9, 10)

*** w08 1/15 p. 22 par. 12 Counted Worthy to Receive a Kingdom ***

Their anointing did not elevate them to kingship over fellow anointed Christians while still on earth.

*** w09 1/1 p. 10 Mary’s Role in God’s Purpose ***

The Bible book of Revelation says that 144,000 individuals would be resurrected to heavenly glory to serve alongside Jesus as priests, judges, and kings. (Revelation 14:1, 4; 20:4, 6)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They sure act like it, even though the publications say otherwise. The problem with statements like that one the Brother mentioned, is that they are seldom corrected. Either the other Eldumbs don't know what the teaching is, or they are too chicken to say anything. Those kinds of errors should be stopped immediately. Of course the GB don't care because they want the R&F to worship them as Kings right NOW..

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Did the School Overseer pick him up on it? He should have....after these are studenttalks...

NB I love cantleaves fake mag with charicatures

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Of course, it seems that is a statement by one man from the platform

Yep, I know this, but it does show the thinking of the R&F, in general, which is what we all intrinsically knew.

Did the School Overseer pick him up on it?

No. The S.O. is a really nice guy, but doesn't think very deeply. I doubt he even caught it.

An elder a few weeks ago commented, when studying the WT about the shepherds (I wrote it down because I was in shock):

"Jehovah is the first shepherd. Jesus is the second shepherd. But they can't do anything without the other shepherds."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit