Hello from Still Totally ADD glad to be back

by Still Totally ADD 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

It's been 6 months now since my old computer died. A good friend of our's had a spare computer her husband never used so she asked me if I would like to have it. Of course I said yes. After cleaning it up inside and out I found out I could not remember my password and the e-mail I gave them I no longer use. So I register with a new name, password and e-mail. And here I am. Since I was last on this board we have gone through one of the worse winters this area has had since 1977. So far over 90 inches of snow and a couple doz. days below zero. Can't wait until spring to start my garden. I have come to know my new found relatives in ILL. better and I am now a Penn State Master Gardener. I have given serveral classes on gardening in this area. Two weeks ago I gave a talk on being raised in the JW cult and how harmful these so called benign religions are. I gave that talk at the UU congregation we are with. I created a beautiful art piece that hangs on the wall at our church right behind the speaker podium for the whole congregation to see. Our old cat 2 socks finally died. She was 3 months away from being 25 years old. Both Reopened Mind and I are doing well and looking forward to this spring. At the end of March we will be married for 40 years and in May we will both be giving classes at our home on vegtable gardening and wild herbs that grow in our yard. My wife as become a herbalist and is writing a book on it for our area. She has also become quite a artist in her press flowers. Our children still will not talk to us but we have come to terms with it and hope someday they will come to their senses. Also my mother this last week fell and broke her hip. She is close to 91 and her mind is almost gone. So many things have happen in our life many good things and some bad things. This is what life is really all about. I have learned in these last few years that life it short and in that short time I have left I will try my best to leave this world a better place than I found it. I am so happy to be back on this board again and I hope this letter finds you all well. Still Totally ADD

• Listener
    Listener

Welcome back totally ADD.

• AnneB
    AnneB

I'm glad you're back. I hope you post about gardening.

My love to your wife. Maybe you could post pics of her pressed flowers and of your artwork.

AB

• scary21
    scary21

Welcome back, great to hear from you .

• suavojr
    suavojr

It is nice that you are back. WELCOME!

• clarity
    clarity

Well hi Totally.....nice to see you on here again!!!!

Sounds like you two are settling in.

Sorry about Mom & your cat Socks.

Gardening is one of my favorite things, hoping to

get some plants in by March ...peas & lettuces!

Plse keep us updated on your gardening OK.

clarity

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome back, glad you are doing well. I can't believe your cat lived that long, I thought I was doing well, our little tuxedo cat lived to 17.

Master Gardener, that's impressive, I know that tales a lot of work and study.

Lisa

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Poor kitty - you must have taken really good care of that cat! Nice to hear from you and glad you are doing so well.

• steve2
    steve2

A cat that lives just shy of 25 years has been extremely well loved and cared for. Keep up the gardening - it is refreshment for the soul - provided you mind the pricks and thorns - pretty much like life,I guess. Oh, and welcome back.

• kaik
    kaik

Welcome back. I had kitty that died two years ago at age 18 years and one week. I got now another kitty that is a beastling mix between asian leopard, domestic cat, and african serval. He is still growing and is about 16 pounds. This is a wild animal that had not been fully domesticated, so I treat him such way. He is very attached to me and follows me everywhere. I must fight with him and play hide and seek, and he likes to chase me around the house. He eats about four cans of meat per day. Do not recommend this breed for people who do not have big house, patience, and lack experience with demanding cat. And they are not good for children. However, he loves to be kissed and I say kissy kissy and he comes to me and wants to be kissed than he tries to lick me (maybe tries to taste me for a meal?).

I am tired of the winter as we had deep freeze and had 15" of snow last week. I love gardening. I have office job, so I do not get much into the sun, but love escaping into my garden around the house in free time to be under sun on fresh air. I planted 50 different shrubs, and I am in love with camellias. I have dozen different rhododendrons some of the bloom yellow and orange, and gardenias, laurels, azaleas, and hydrangeas. However, the polar vertex and deep freez probably damaged my plants. I think my gardenias are write off as they did not survived this winter. My camellias seems fine, but their buds are burn and will not bloom this spring. I am not sure if my bulbs will show up as I have various lillies, cannas, and cala lilly. I cannot grow vegetable garden as chipmunk and squirrels clear everything edible. I want to build a herb garden. I have two projects in mind, when one will require cutting old maple that is leaning and may damage property on fall and other is extending driveway to the fence, so I can bring things from my car to the backyard.

Otherwise, I want the spring to be here, be out, and not worried about slippery roads and sidewalks. Hoping that I will survive layoffs and will have job after the end of business year, so I could relax on my backyard while recreating my vision of Garden of Eden.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit