Future for conventions

by joe134cd 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Have they actually made the finance announcement at the one-day SADs? I can't remember that. I thought they only did it on the last day of a two- or three-day assembly. The idea is supposed to be that they're letting you know how far in the red they are before the assembly is done so people can put something in the box on their way out, but how can they make that announcement if they're still in the first day?

I realize that the math is in some ways already done in advance, but I just don't see how they can claim that they need a certain amount of money at the end of the program when there hasn't even been a full day's session yet. But if they've been doing that at the SADs, then I suppose I'm mistaken.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I agree with Steve about the GB worship. No one cares. The more you really look, the more you realize that JWs want to have religious leaders. They just eat that crap up! That's why there are so few faders who know TTATT. That is an important distinction. There are faders, but they are just depressed souls who still love the ORG. Just try sharing TTATT and see what happens. A miraculous zeal will take over their tired minds and somehow they will find the strength to rat you out to the Eldubs and get back to the KH!!

DD

• ed60
    ed60

Wouldn't it be nice if the G(od)B(ods) stopped banging on about the end of the world and did televised yoga or tai chi sessions instead? Remove all that cinema seating from the KH's get some bean bags and cushions and limit donations to cake and biscuits for afterwards. Cut the dress code down to sweat pants and tee shirts and encouraged the congregation to give their energy to each other in loving kindness? Give the congregations all their money back and tell them to put some windows in to let the sun shine in. Maybe field service could be spent volunteering in local parks to create a paradise in every town. Just a thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit