Look for the answer to these questions at your CA

by FadeToBlack 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

I missed the recent CA, but checked out the program posted on jw.org. In what to listen for they had this:

3. What should be our reaction when
    confronted with “strange teachings”?
    (Heb. 13:9)

oh, the irony... What could be stranger than the stuff the WTBATS doles out?

• KateWild
    KateWild

I agree, the scripture tells us not to be led astray by strange teachings, but the fact we should obey even if it does not seem sound from a human standpoint, is very strange and we should not be led astray by WT.

Kate xx

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Let's review: It's a cult!!!

The GB are watchtarded as well. They condemn themselves by their own words and actions. They are modern-day Pharisees.

DD

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Does 1 Peter 1:16 ring a bell with anyone?

16 No, it was not by following artfully contrived false stories that we acquainted YOU with the power and presence of our Lord Jesus Christ, but it was by having become eyewitnesses of his magnificence.

I cannot think of many of the WT's teachings that are not of the "arttfully contrived false stories" variety. In fact, I think that all of their stuff is "artfully contrived" and it makes me angry with myself that I bought it for sooooooooo long.

Just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• sir82
    sir82

What should be our reaction when confronted with “strange teachings”?

Raise our hand and repeat the strange teaching back to the Watchtower conductor?

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Exactly sir82. You get the gold-star and an extra bonus day in paradise.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Just make sure you are up to date, this weeks "strange teaching" will not be next weeks even stranger teaching.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

I hope someone records this one. I would like to hear it.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

9. Why must we work hard to remain in
    Jehovah’s teaching? (Luke 13:24)

or since Jehovah=GB, because it is strange?

See #3 above

• blondie
    blondie

God's teaching or Christ's?

2 john 1:9

New American Standard Bible
    Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit