TV Ideas For JWNers. "Luther", "Dexter" "The Killings" "Braquo"-

by RottenRiley 21 Replies latest jw friends

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

"Engrenages" - gritty, French police drama... with a side dish of criminal court procedure.

[Televised on English networks under the title "Spiral" (subtitled).]

• Pacopoolio
    Pacopoolio

The Wire is hands down the best multi-season show made to this point, as it's well told, well acted, and directly confronts sociological issues that face the world continuously and explores the source of them. Relatively slow start, but that's because it's "novel" format that pays off over the course of a season as opposed to episodic storytelling.

Also, Game of Thrones, because it's awesome.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Game of Throne best thing on TV ! The books are even better.

Once Upon a Time - weird concept but really well done

We just finished Breaking Bad which we enjoyed too.

I am probably one of the only people to like the ending to Dexter. - dazed

I didn't mind the ending either it was good. Although if you read the ending planned by the orignal producer it would have been awesome

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Good Ideas, have any of you seen Braquo? This French Crime show is in constant flux, it's overtakes Dexter for now because they leave you hanging off a cliff constantly, thank you for all these excellent shows to watch. Gonna start Banshee tonight, thank's for that flick, did not know it existed!

JWN MEMEBERS ARE THE BEST!

• Demokan
    Demokan

American horror story 1&2&3 FX

Helix SyFy

Supernatural

Drop Dead diva

The good wife

Animes

Higurashi no naku koro ni(when they cry English dub available)

Higurashi no naku koro ni Kai (second season of when they cry answers all the questions to all the confusing things in season 1)

Nichijou ( I have never experienced this comedy before but it's so funny I die. )

steins;gate (time travell quantum physics etc john tiitor (the guy who posted on forums not these forums a science one back in 2011? He was a real person posting time machine disigns?)

Manga:

Aku no Hana (reminds me of jw, the story is essentially the same except the thing keeping everyone caged is society and the village they live in) it's also an anime.

Edit: I FORGOT TO MENTION LOST. That show was omg mind-f*ck. Hiugurashi and steins;gate are similar to LOST both have time travel and really messed up character arcs. Lost isn't really about crime but the rest are, especially Hiugurashi. The crime in that is so much, atfirst ppl thought it was a curse but it was actualky some .... Omgggggg

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

We watched a sort of "slow burn" horor movie/pyschological thriller last night:

"We Are What We Are"

It is about a quiet family who lives in the woods, and once a year they fast for a few days, then kidnap and eat a person. It is tradition, and the father has some weird religious fantasies. The ending really did come as a shock.

We watched the "Interviews" with the director, and he mentioned high-control or strange religions and groups, traditions that we just accept (like the odd things people do at Christmas, without knowing why...) Kinda stuck me as appropriate.

• Demokan
    Demokan

We watched a sort of "slow burn" horor movie/pyschological thriller last night:

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

If you want gritty, in addition to the above, check out The Bridge, on FX. It's a remake of a Danish series about a murder where the body is left on the bridge between Mexico and the US, detectives from both sides work together to find the killer.

I was OK with the ending on Dexter, except I was bummed about Deb dying.

• oppostate
  • RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Lisa Rose, I loved Debra and pondered all the shit she endured after walking in on Dexter killing Doomsday.

Dexter-the-Sociopath sucked Debra dry of her humanity, when he pushed Hannah down her throat by having her move in, that's when I knew Debra's days were numbered. It was like Debra and Quinn were met for each other though it was too late for Debra to regain her relationship Quinn? (Why am I getting mad at a fictious person? I grew to love Debra, Angel and Quinn, even Hannah was not as tweaked as Dexter.)

A twisted movie is "Sangre de Mi Sangre" a good Mexican boy (Hard working, good hearted) is out to find his father in New York, he run's in to a corrupt and con-man teenager along the way.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0834938/

"

In this Oscar-winning character study, a startling discovery comes to light for a retired criminal investigator as he pens a biographical novel about the unsolved case of a young newlywed's brutal rape and murder years earlier.

Cast:
    Soledad Villamil, Ricardo Darín, Carla Quevedo, Pablo Rago, Javier Godino, Bárbara Palladino, Rudy Romano, Alejandro Abelenda, Mario Alarcón, Guillermo Francella, José Luis Gioia
    Genre:
    Crime Thrillers, Crime Dramas, Mystery, Thrille

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit