RETIREMENT HOMES AND COMPANY BY AND FOR JEHOVAH WITNESSES???

by ADJUSTMENTS 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS

Thanks for the link

I'm sure the WBATS are not affiliated on paper... Of course they are not that stupid they have brains to run a multi million dollar cult so this would be small beans, they do their best to cover their tracks very well... But if you look under the table you will see a bunch of money changing hands!!! I see that one of the GB's sons are on the board... Go figure!!!

Also what's not surprising is the position of the first and probably only facility in the USA, (unless some rich Hollywood JWs petition for one...) it's positioned right between the WBATS PENNSYLVANIA AND NEW YORK HEADQUATERS... So the elderly GB members and those who were not going to see death in this time period can take their last breaths... It's such bull and it's all paid for off the backs of the RANK & FILE!!! WHAT AN EVIL SLAVE!!!

• MissMyHarley
    MissMyHarley

Sure they are it's just hidden very well. They are also taking advantage of the Revised New York Tax Abatements that have been put into play to bring in new businesses to that particular state. How many shell corporations do they really have? 5-10 or more. They are easy to set up and very hard to track by the average "joe". Hell the US goverment has trouble keeping track of them LOL.

MMH

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My theory:
    WTS is in the background supporting this concept. I suspect they will not have an infirmiry at Warwick and the elderly, infirm great ones such as GB & wives (we know most average Bethelites are sent home before they are a liability) will now be farmed-out to this retirement facility. Since they are elderly and "poor", they will likely qualify for Medicaid which will pay for nursing home extended care (it's about $7500/mo in our State). Thus they will no longer be responsible for the continual care of infirm ones, the State will be obligated. Yet it won't look like they just dumped them in some smelly, Medicaid facility. It will be the same place where all the rich JW widows pay big money to "retire" and wait on Jehovah and Armageddon.

Of course, many wealthy elderly JWs will flock to the place and pay exhorbitant fees or purchase annuity plans to cover their residency. The Lutheran Church has been in this "business" for many years. Once a resident dies, the fees they paid for their residency goes to the Church. Additionally, there will likely be Elderly Care Services that "assists" these older JWs to re-write their Will (.........let's see...........who should be bequeathed all this money?.........who will use it for good?).

Of course, Bro Judah Ben & his wife's millionaire family will be blessed by Jehovah for their assistance in this wonderful provision of Jehovah the GB.

Doc

• rebel8
    rebel8

If this retirement home is built in the U.S. and not legally connected to the WTS can it legally discriminate against other prospective tenants based on religion ? In the U.S. you can't deny housing based on someones Sex, race, gender, religion, Etc.......

I don't see any information about them being in the US. Are they?

Their site talks about being a charity in the UK, to care for JWs. That means they are a healthcare facility of sorts, not just housing. Hence, if they were in the US, the prohibition on discrimination for both types of organizations may apply.

ETA: Oh, I see the US bit now. They claim to be a 501c3. Those orgs can be considered religious in nature, and therefore can exist to advance their own religion. I believe they can discriminate in favor of their own religious brothers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit