BOE Letter: New Adjustments

by pixel 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

^^ Was it all "Blessings" and "Moving Chariots"?

when I looked at the staunchly pro J W site JW Talk, they were talking about the same letter.

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe

It strikes me that GB 2.0 or GB "Lite" or whatever you call them has to put their mark on everything these days. "The governing body has decided" is an odd way to start out one of these letters. It seems like more mind conditioning to me. Lest any forget, these guys are in charge!

• done4good
    done4good

^^^^

Yep, that sure does seem to be thier MO these days.

• blondie
    blondie

I'm not surprised they only have 2 1-day assemblies and dropped the SAD designation. I suggested they might a few years ago.

Circuit assemblies used to be 2 times a year, from Friday evening through Sunday. This might open up the use of assembly halls for 3 day "regional" conventions.

There was a time that they called district conventions "district assemblies" and changed that around the early 70's. No matter what you call it, crap still smells like crap.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

What a bunch of petty bureaucrats!

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

So the 2015 "Service Year" (fiscal year to other businesses) actually starts 9-1-14. So, those who have already had their 2 day CA this year won't have 2 days anymore! Overall, most JWs will be happy to hear this!!

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

Wow, I wonder if that machine takes EBT (electronic benefits transfer) card payments as well. After all, if one is on public assistance, a person is still expected to tithe from those evil riches, right?

• cult classic
    cult classic

Lest any forget, these guys are in charge!

Yep, no effort to manipulate the scriptures in this letter. Not one verse cited/quoted.

• clarity
    clarity

" what do you think is the reason for assembly reduction of days"

Simple!

They have nothing left to say!

clarity

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

They have nothing left to say!

That just about sums it up for me. Without Freddy Franz, there's no more deep oracle to come up with lenghty prophetic interpretations with multiple types and antitypes occupying entire afternoons. Just as the literature is being dumbed down, so are the conventions. Less to say also means $$savings$$ in venue rentals.

What part of "shut up and obey" are we not listening?

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit