BOE Letter: New Adjustments

by pixel 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BU2B
    BU2B

Man... Suprising they are opting for less mind control.. No more bookstudy, cutting assembly days.. Hopefully the midweek meeting is next but I dont see that happening.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

ADCMS, I like this part...

Awake! December 8, 1973 issue on page 29 , under ‘ Watching the World ’:

"Church Money

Some religious organizations are going to new ends to acquire money. The Coronation of the Blessed Virgin Mary Catholic Church in Buffalo, New York, now accepts credit cards , not just cash donations. One finance committee member says: "A church can’t survive on 50-cent [cash] donations." Credit-card donations are up to $30. Admission is now being charged visitors to London’s thirteenth-century Salisbury Cathedral. A London Observer article calls this "a last-ditch attempt to find a way of meeting the desperate need for funds.""

DD

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Perhaps they realised that 'Special A$$emb£y Day' = SAD. Either way, what pathetic nonsense. Pointless nonsense for a pointless cult.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

It will be interesting to see how they define regional conventions. There was a thread the other day suggesting that the society is doing away with district conventions. So, I guess that was a true rumor. The big question is what will the society do to decrease their cost and increase the burden on the r&f?

• 88JM
    88JM

This makes for a great excuse to skip a day for those forced to attend 2-day circuit assemblys in 2014.

If anyone asks why you are attending only one of the days, just say: "If it's so important to attend two days, then why is it being reduced it to only one day in 2015?"

Or just don't attend at all of course.

Next prediction: two day district conventions, oops I mean "regional" conventions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgpnrOUS2BE

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"The big question is what will the society do to decrease their cost and increase the burden on the r&f? "

One Big event instead of two or more must be more profitable, the GB care not what difficulties and pressure this puts on the ordinary JW.

They never did, back in my youth Eight Day torture, going on well into late evening was the norm. And Bros and their families had to travel hundreds of miles to attend in many cases.

This was not too long after WW2, and the "Spirit of the Blitz" was still around, any hardships were born with stoicism.

These days they may find total attendances dropping dramatically, but if the bottom line has more $$$ in it, the GB will care not.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

The big question is what will the society do to decrease their cost and increase the burden on the r&f?

This one is easy:

• hold assemblies at WT-owned ass halls (the only overhead is one paper towel per attendee-no sweat).

• charge $10-$12,000+ per day for said ass hall

• elders will vote at the lunch-time meeting to send even larger "donations" (extortion) to WT before the $10-$12,000 daily rent (extortion) is met, thereby guilting JWs to donate more (extortion payment).

• make JWs travel longer distances for assemblies in order to use WT-owned facilities

[edit] this will lead naturally to WT saying there is a "need" for more assembly halls. This means more real estate and building projects- financed and built at no cost to WT by local JWs-then sold within a few years at a massive profit for WT, not the JWs who paid for it, only to begin another cycle of the same.

• Comatose
    Comatose

So District Conventions is a term that can't be used. Zone is also no longer cool. But, its still cool to describe a smaller area as a Circuit... Makes sense. NOT.

What a wierd and lame thing to change District but not Circuit.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

So now, the Great Boasting Session will be discontinued and replaced with another Big Boasting Session. That nurfs it down to one day twice a year, starting with September 2014. The Grand Boasting Sessions will still be three days--I am waiting for that to be nurfed. Or, perhaps if they can execute a smackdown and confiscate enough wealth, they will buff them back to 3 days for Big Boasting Sessions and 8 for Grand Boasting Sessions to waste even more time. Needless to say, zero days of each would suffice since it all leads to damnation.

Terminology matters not. It is all the same. They might think something new is going on, but in fact it is exactly the same. Sure, some might be pxxxed (or excited) that they nurfed the Great Boasting Session to another Big Boasting Session since it now wastes only one day. But, it is all the same rubbish. And, whether another nurf in pious-sneering is in store remains to be seen--it is still the same crap, just intended to get more ensnared into it. That is, until another Boozerford comes along and buffs the requirements back to 60 for a regular publisher and 150 for regular pious-sneers. (And adds back the requirements for calls and studies, by whatever name.)

Now, about the only thing they don't count are the Chinese fire drills that result when lousy organization results in no one knowing who they are working with. Maybe they ought to have a column documenting those Chinese fire drills.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Damn, I can hardly keep up with Jah's progressive organization these days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit