Selective Statistics & extraordinary JW claims

by Syme 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks Oubliette - I had either missed that thread the first time around or forgot about it. I am intrigued by people's gullibility in embracing a god who has little else to do than to ensure they get a parking space. It is so narcissistic to think a supreme being watches out for a parking space for me but "allows" significant horrors elsewhere in the world. A bit like spiritual apartheid. I should not be so surprised by people's fairy story beliefs.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Steve2: Thanks Oubliette - I had either missed that thread the first time around or forgot about it.

You're welcome. It's amazing how many JWs believe that god blesses them with trivial stuff, but he won't stop horrible abuses such as child molestors even in their own religion!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I once prayed to god to never answer my prayers-not one- no matter how much I needed his help or humbly begged for relief.

He answered my prayer.

• steve2
    steve2

God's inaction on the global scene has defenders galore. Hell, if I was to get a big prize for loyalty at the end of it all, I'd be digging deep to defend Him too.

One of the "best" excuses for Divine inaction is the well-worn saying, "God works in mysterious ways'. That's like trying to "dress up" the behaviour of deadbeat dads by stating: "Their absence from their children's lives builds character and prepares kids for a hard life because underneath it all these absent fathers want what is best for their offspring".

• joelfromgeorgia
    joelfromgeorgia

I've never had a prayer answered even while serving as a pioneer or bethelite.

• Bella15
    Bella15

I think that FAITH is an universal principle ... it is not respecter of men ... dreams, hopes, aspirations, wishes come true sometimes!

• sir82
    sir82

Evidently, accurate & consistent use of statistics is Satanic.

So the only Godly course is to use selective statistics.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Not only are they selective they are also made up. Some of these stories I have heard for many years. To actually find out if these events took place is an impossible task.

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Syme:, where do they come up with these fairy tales, I think most are lies. Did we ever explain to you how we created "Experiences" for the Parts on the Assemblies, we lied about our experiences because the Circuit Overseer or District had a Agenda that needed to be filled. Many of the parts were totally embellished, dressed or tailored to look great, most were half-truths!

I left my house to a brother inlaw so I could attend the District Convention, after pumping himself full of drugs he left the animals in the house and I had to drive home from San Diego, Calfiornia. My house was full of dog shit and cat piss, maybe I should have left the animals in my house and enjoyed the Convention, i am sure a Angelic Janitorial services would have cleaned my house and my pets would not have starved to death.

We stopped attending the District Conventions last year after it being a constant battle, the best part of the Conventions were speaking with the Ex-JWs and Christians protesting the Convention, I thought I was really being persecuted by kind, loving and compassionate individuals trying to get us to think! Thank you everyone for protesting at the conventions, there must be a better way to get their attention and not allow them to get off thinking that they are being attacked by Satan's Agents, there has to be a better way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit