Dear Heavenly father....your memory sucks.

by refiners fire 13 Replies latest jw friends

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I got a little problem, father, understanding Exodus 32.
    See the israelites had fallen into errant ways while moses was upon the mountain, and your anger blazed forth against them and You said to Moses:
    "let me be that my anger might blaze against them and that I might exterminate them. And let me make you into a great nation instead".
    And Moses said;
    "Uh, theres just one thing, Didnt you promise Abraham that you would make these his descendants, into a great nation"?
    And you said:
    "so?"
    And Moses said (spelling it out for you):
    "Well, if you destroy them, then youll have broken your promise to Abraham"
    And you said:
    "oh, thats right, hmmm. Okay I wont kill ALL of them, just some"
    I mean, did you need Moses to remind you of that?
    It seemed pretty obvious to me.

• puzzled
    puzzled

Hummmmmmm.. Good one.
    dangnow I have to go read more, again.

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." --Mark Twain
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It would appear that the scripture that says that the deity "does not change" is contengent on it's followers keeping it in line.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

good points!!!

there are 2 or 3 of these funny little conversations about god wanting to destroy someone or the other and some human asking him to desist...

they highlight the lack of logic evident through the bible...

of course, what god needed b4 he set out to write the bible was a crash course at some evening college, in how to write clearly...

would have made it a lot easier to know what the hell he wanted, eh???

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Heres another interesting one in Numbers 31:

The Israelites go to war against Midian and slay all the men, bringing the Women and children and livestock back to camp.
    Moses is incensed that they have brought back Midianite females who have had sexual relations with a man.

He orders all male children and every female who had had "intercourse with a man" killed.

All the female virgins they can keep, of whatever age.
    Hehe. Wonder what the thinking behind that decision was?
    I Wonder how they established whether a woman was a virgin or not?
    The mind boggles.

Can some Christian apologist excuse maker explain that one?
    If God condemns fornication,and polygamy now why did he condone it then? And how is it that he has not broken his own "law" by sanctioning it back then?
    I love the Christian apologists justifying their Gods actions.
    The Witnesses used to say that all the people killed by the plagues and scourges sent forth from the Lords Angry face were examined in their hearts and found wanting, or they were the ones who engaged in the bad practises that prompted the punishment.
    Hows that one, "selective" plague.
    Fact is though, the Old Testament accounts dont say that innocents werent punished.

Think on the matter of King David and the "census" sin recorded at 2 Samuel 24.
    David was instructed not to count the number of the men of Israel (for some strange reason) but he did anyway.
    God responded by sending plague that killed 70,000 people.
    Try blaming THAT one on the victims you Apologists for God.
    Perhaps they eagerly allowed themselves to be counted. Knowing God had forbidden it.
    Perhaps they had had previous "impious thoughts", and so needed killing and God had been waiting for an opportunity.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

well, i'm sure glad I didn't live back then.
    And yeah...how would they establish a females virginity, without taking it away? Then they would have to kill her anyway for not being a virgin anymore.
    It's a wonder there IS a human race left to examine it.[8>]

Love is one of life's mysteries, like lightning, it never strikes. For others, like lightning, it strikes several times. So wear a rubber crash helmet
  • SYN
    SYN

VIRGINITY IS A MYTH!

"If men were like their personal ads, they wouldn't need personal ads."

• Blue
    Blue

First I will answer you by telling you what the meaning of fire is Malachi 3:2 explains but who may abide in the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? For he is like a refiner's Fire and like fullers sope. When God gets through we will become like gold-very precious to him. We know from the example of Moses and the burning bush that the fire of God doesn't hurt physical things. God always has a physical example for a spiritual thing. Where is your faith that God will do for you everything he promised?

• donkey
    donkey

RF,

And we wonder why the churches and church folk are wrapped up in pedophilia huh?

They are made in God's image...

Jack

• Swan
    Swan

You can often find continuity issues in any work of fiction.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit