JW response to CNN article

by dubla 22 Replies latest jw friends

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

He was assured they never have a position of power eh!!!

Well tell him to read the court transcript's of Erica's trial at Bill's web site. - http://www.silentlambs.org

hawk

p.s. - you have him thinking!!!! Stay on a questioning and calm format. Let him reach his own conclusions and don't "tell" him - you may get thinking real hard about this one.

• ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn

Dubla, I can relate...My mom - a JW who has mastered the art of shunning, and calls me once a year at memorial time- called me yesterday to tell me about the article on CNN and in the same breath, tell me why it was misleading. However, this is a woman who was willing to die because of the blood issue a month ago. She will never see any wrong in the "org".... I wasn't even given the opportunity to tell her what I KNEW was really going on. It is so sad how controlled her thinking is..

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

"what if it doesn't even get into the brain?"

Concerned Mama: Some people have an insurmountable threshhold for what they will overlook. My mother is one of them. The President of the Watchtower Society could show up at her kingdom hall and murder and eat the presiding overseer during the instruction talk, and it would not phase her.

The persons who can be reached are the new ones, those who are wavering, those who think for themselves, and those who have maintained a lifeline to the outside. I would guess this is about 75% of active Witnesses and 90% of fringe Witnesses. Also, newly interested ones are extremely turned off by this.

We can't get through to them all, but never before have this many been reached this effectively.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Running Man: Very well put. You have a good grasp of the situation.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Every little bit helps, but most JWs won't leave until, as RunningMan said, they reach that threshhold. For me it was the generation change, but that was at the end of a long time of dealing with issues like this one, and giving the WTS the benefit of the doubt each time. I finally realized I was just kidding myself, and the Society no longer deserved any benefit of a doubt.

I don't see this issue making a big difference for most convinced JWs. Where it will make a difference is in people who show an interest or are contacted in the ministry. Guess what they'll find everytime they type "Jehovah's Witnesses" in a search engine?
    S4

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

you know how they have "al-anon" for family members trying to deal with alcoholics?

we definitely need a "jw-anon," for family members trying to deal with blinded JW's.......

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

That's what JW.com is, deddaisy.

Slipnslidemaster:"Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the darkside."
    -Emperor Palpatine

Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

>>"All of my family have been diabolically treated by elders in the past, but it’s amazing how these ones are forgiven. The “Wait on Jehovah” tack is always used. The attitude is that it is God’s own organization. "

Matty, we must be related.

• rebelledat12
    rebelledat12

I also showed this to my JW father and he said it sounded like "someone had an axe to grind." I love that man, but sometimes he's so thick skulled.

• dubla
    dubla
    I also showed this to my JW father and he said it sounded like "someone had an axe to grind."

this is what i mean.....a complete unwillingness to consider the possibility of fault, before even looking at the whole story. i was once a blind jw, so i understand where it comes from....but it doesnt make it any less frustrating once youre on the other side of the coin, especially when it comes to friends and family members still in. im sure this subject has been discussed and discussed again in the forum, ive just recently started experiencing it first hand, as ive been more and more vocal about my personal stance.

aa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit