you know you've been on a Low-Fat diet when....

by Prisca 17 Replies latest social physical

• Matty
    Matty

I know how much taste-buds can be ruined. You must know people that seem incapable of enjoying subtle flavours. It's, "Where's the tabasco/encona?" ...they splash chilli sauce on everything. This is my family. I'm sure one day I'll catch my dad putting tabasco on ice cream!

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

The late Layne Stayley once said

"My tongue has been burned of its taste"

is this the same?

• Shimmer
    Shimmer

Good Job Prisca!!! Congratulations. I am on a diet/lifestyle change to lose weight and get in shape. I'm trying pretty much the same thing as you. I just started so I haven't had as good as results yet, but now you've inspired me to keep on.

Shimmer

• TR
    TR

Good job, prisca! Post some new photos with swimwear, maybe?

I, too, have lost about 10 lbs over the last 2 months. I quit eating most junk food. My weight is down to 190lbs.

TR

UADNA-WA
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America- Washington Division

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    So far I have lost 20lbs

• Imbue
    Imbue

Oh, I didn't see this with all the news on the board.

Congradualtions Prisca on your success and starting a new way of life! And Naebs you are evil!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The only good elite are dead elite!!"-Naeblis
    (Ok! He borrowed it)

• Kristen
    Kristen

WTG Prisca, keep up the good work!

• Solace
    Solace

My husband and kids are junk food junkies!
    I find that leaving fruit out on the counter or vegetables in the front of the fridge encourages everyone to grab an apple instead of heading for the candy. Also when my husband goes shopping instead of me, I always tell him "think fresh" Not fried or processed. It is amazing how gross those hostess cupcakes taste after you appreciate fresh fruits etc. He still walks in with his usual bags of Doritoes and Mountain Dew but I hope some of my tips are sinking in a little.
    None of us have weight problems but I do worry about heart desease and high blood pressure since it runs in both of our families.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit