Bikers and Kids

by animal 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• animal
    animal

The group I founded, Sons of Liberty Riders, is taking a kid for a ride on a Harley, in PA.

While this may not seem like a big deal to us adults, most of us dont have the same limitations he has. Ryan has cancer, to the point that he probly wont make it past this summer, if that long. When we were asked, by my sister, to grant his wish, we knew it could get big. What we didnt plan on was the international response we got.

Here is the guestbook we put up for people to send him a message. My guys will print this out for the run Saturday the 11th. I couldnt read thru it all, its way powerful.

Find it here:
    http://www.sonsoflibertas.net/ryan

Animal

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I signed in. This is sooooo coooool!
    ((((((((HUGS)))))))) in fact (((((((((BIGBEARHUGS)))))))))

Love is one of life's mysteries, like lightning, it never strikes. For others, like lightning, it strikes several times. So wear a rubber crash helmet
  • animal
    animal

We also made Ryan an honorary member of Sons of Liberty Riders. Several other clubs did the same.

Aint life a bitch.... this happens to kids, yet ignorant assholes live to ripe old ages.

Animal

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

I signed too. Ryan deserves this dream come true. Way to go Animal.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

I signed in too. Thanks for posting it, Animal. I'm a Mom of a daughter who will be cancer-free 10 years in October. What some of those kids have to go through. I am amazed at how brave they are.

((((((((((((((((((Ryan and his family)))))))))))))))))))))

Andee

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

bttt

• plmkrzy
  • Angharad
    Angharad

Hope he has a great time. Will you post to let us know how it went?

Good for you and your group Animal

• animal
    animal

yep... we plan on posting reports from people there, plus pictures.

As a side note, the same people plus more will be doing the funeral procession when the time comes for Ryan. Back in the early 90's, we did this same type thing in Lancaster, PA for an 8 year old named Matt. When he died, we had several hundred bikes show up and do a funeral procession to the cemetary. You have never been touched so deeply until you are side by side with the biggest and baddest, all holding each other tightly and crying. It was part of my turning point, I think.

Animal

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Thanks Animal,

How brave Ryan is to face what life has dealt him and still have a goal in life, even if it is a simple request.

Hugs,
    j2bf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit