WHY ? !!!

by somebody 22 Replies latest jw friends

• somebody
    somebody

JT,

Thank you for understanding and being able to see my concern in my posts. I will look up some more info on control and all the steps to it.., and you are right. I DO have something and some people on my mind related to the WT. I have a close friend who has 2 little children, who only thinks about how bad the world is and is afraid to let her kids grow up! I can't even begin to tell her ANYTHING about life, wether it's here now and ends tomorrow, or goes on for another 50 years. She still has no clue how to let her children live and grow, spiritually or any other way. I feel bad for her, and the children she is trying to raise.

Thank you again,
    somebody

• somebody
    somebody

ianao,

What jw-programs?

peace,
    somebody

• JT
    JT

ianao

--

i have enjoyed your post as well

• JT
    JT

somebody--

. I have a close friend who has 2 little children, who only thinks about how bad the world is and is afraid to let her kids grow up! I can't even begin to tell her ANYTHING about life, wether it's here now and ends tomorrow, or goes on for another 50 years. She still has no clue how to let her children live and grow, spiritually or any other way. I feel bad for her, and the children she is trying to raise

i too feel sorry for the kids- i was a jw kid so i know - your entire life is shaped by the jw indoctrination porcess-

your goals, hopes and dreams are all formed and controled by wt

as i often say --as jw we all bought "Beach Front Timeshare Property"

and some of us were brave enough to turn our "Coupons" over and see we were ALL assigned to WEEK 53 smile

JT

• crittersitter
    crittersitter

somebody...you said it all perfectly
    your indignation at the wtbs is not unfounded, but profound!!!
    thank you for venting...i feel better too!!

• Simon
    Simon

hey JT...I've felt like your friend - I'm sure everyone has at some point. The JW teachings makes things worse because you come to accept that the 'world is becoming a worse and worse place'...'Signs of the times' and all that.
    However, if we do some research we find that there is less crime now than 100 or 1000 years ago even though we may have short term blips. People are living longer now than ever before with average life spans of 76 years which is ever increasing. How could this be with all the famines and wars?? BECAUSE THEY HAVE GOT LESS.
    We need to study history from independant sources and although there are problems in the world and dangers, they are getting less and less so all the time - they just get reported better now.

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Somebody,
    I think in many areas, you are speaking for everyone here who has "been there done that". I cannot understand either how someone you truly love and care about can cut you off because you decide you don't believe the same. This was one of my big problems with the org. IMO, associating with a df'ed or da'ed person will not change the mind of an active believer. But JT is right about the mind control. It is massive and all inclusive. I just couldn't do it anymore. Or feel that way anymore.
    It is frustrating to see others continue to adhere to these ideas. Very frustrating. I am like JT's wife, why can't they just see?!!!!
    TW

• neyank
    neyank

Hi Somebody,
    We can safely equate the Wts-Elders with the scribes and Pharicies in Jesus' day.
    Everything is black and white for them. Good and bad.
    They leave no room for any in between.

This brings to mind the parable Jesus gave about the Good Samaritan.
    Picture the Pharicies Being Elders.

There was a df'd da'd or inactive JW lying on the side of the road injured.
    Elder #1 walks by saying to himself, " I can't help him. They're not a JW any longer. That person is evil.

Elder #2 walks by saying to himself, " I can't help that person. They don't believe that the WTS is Gods chosen Orginization. They even have the audacity to question the teachings of the "Slave".

Next walks by a person that is df'd, da'd or inactive. He says to himself," I must help that person. They are in need of aid. So the df'd, da'd or inactive person bandages the wounds of the wounded person. Then proceeds to take him to a hospital where he stays until he is healed.

Which person would God smile on?
    Which person is displaying the charactoristics of what a real Christian should display according to Jesus?

neyank

• ianao
    ianao

Somebody:

In a post from JT:

after much research i have identified the folllowing program files on most jw- while from time to time some may become corrupted they are quickly replaced at he next meeting sorta like AOL always UPDATING your software:

these are the files

meetings.exe

That's what's funny. :)

Also, I agree with you re: Jesus' teachings. It's sometimes very hard to reconcile Paul's and John's writings about Jesus. As the apocrypha was dropped for contradicting other scripture, I wonder if any other book(s) currently in the Bible could fit the same category. *shrug*

neyank:

I hear what you are saying, but it seems to me that the Pharicies had an exact set of laws that they were following in scripture, while the GB has interpolated most of their laws and made them ad-hoc to befit the distribution of literature. One was following Law, the other created a new one.

• neyank
    neyank

Hi ianao,
    Yes. Your right.
    The Pharicies were following the Mosaic Law and the elders follow WTS law.
    I was trying to show how the attitude of the elders mimicks the attitude of the Pharicies.
    Thanks,
    neyank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit