JW.org Bumper Sticker

by A.proclaimer 18 Replies latest jw friends

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

I saw this at the Kingdom Hall after the meeting

"Advertise, Advertise, Advertise!- Christendom style"

• hoser
    hoser

I wonder if they count field service time driving down the road?

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

How embarrassing.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Hey, doesn't that count as idol worship??

• smiddy
    smiddy

I cant see that lasting very long , advertising your a JW , especially in a modern expensive car.Their are too many people hurt by the policys of jw`s to walk by a car that promotes them and not be tempted to scratch the paintwork with a coin or whatever .I know I would.

I can "almost " gaurantee that Bros.or Sisters with expensive cars, or elders /Ministerial Servants , would in no way have these stickers on their cars.

It would only be the R&f members , or those weak in the truth , or newly interested ones , new converts , or those wanting to impress others in the congregation , that would use these stickers.

A personal experience : My wife and I were newly converted , a couple of years when the 1993 International Convention was held in Melbourne Australia , bumper stickers were provided along with other large advertising material to promote this convention .Being new and full of zeal , not only did I obtain the bumper stickers , but a large poster that I put on the front window of our house we were living in.It must have been like 4ft by 3 ft or their abouts .We were new we were the only ones who obtained such a poster in our congregation . No elders , no MS ,nobody else in our congregation.

This reminds me also of an announcement made by the congregation for any Bro. to put a caravan in their yard to enable a pioneer sister to work in our territory .This announcement was made for quite a few weeks with no takers. Old joe muggins me and my wife finally said yeah we will accomadate her in our housing commision home that we were renting at that time , and didnt have two bob to our name at that time. No elders or ministerial servants some of which owned their own homes were prepared to accomodate her .

Sorry I went off on a tangent.

smiddy

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Seriously is that pic for real. I have never seen that before. Is the society really making bumper stickers now.

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

Oh this picture is very real. It's not a fake. The car might belong to the CO since it was his visit week, but im not 100% sure. Still, easy way to advertise their website. After all, with the release of the recent Awake on that, and the push for members to use and tell people at the door to visit the website, this could be the next step. Or maybe it's just reserved for more important members.

• emeth
    emeth

the stickers and little business cards are not provided by the society but made by individual bro's

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I would never have stuck one on my car, even when at the height of my JW activity. I was always a bit wary of advertising my affiliation.

As I said on the other thread, if these things get common, then have some stickers made to go over the top with JWFacts.com on them, seconds to affix, maybe weeks of fun.

• piztjw
    piztjw

Their are too many people hurt by the policys of jw`s to walk by a car that promotes them and not be tempted to scratch the paintwork with a coin or whatever .I know I would.

I can gaurandamntee that no matter what my personal feelings are toward jw's, IF it were any vehicle of mine that I happened to catch ANYONE vandalizing for any reason (and NO there is no way I would have a goofy jw sticker) they would not be moving under their own power for quite some time! They wouldn't need to worry about going to Hell because I would have beat it out of them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit