Meeting Not Cancelled but Postponed

by wisdomfrombelow 17 Replies latest jw friends

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

There's a big snowstorm on the East Coast and I found out that the School and Service meeting was not cancelled but postponed to tomorrow. Why do they think it's so important to have it so they ruin another evening after shoveling snow? Just venting....

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Hahaha...oh man does that suck! You think you are going to have a night off and they pull the rug right out from under you.

Well, I'm sure you have "plans" for when they rescheduled. If enough people don't show up then maybe next time they will realize its a waste of time to change the date.

• sir82
    sir82

Just following the usual conceit that meetings are "vital".

Instead of what they really are - regurgitated dribble that has been presented in one form or another hundreds if not thousands of times before.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

we had snow last satuday night not alot but around her and with ice it doesnt take much, any way 7am in the cob or whatever he is now called texted everyone asking how many could make it if the meeting wasnt cancelled. They need to have an old person fall and break a hip before they get a clue.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Jeez, the canceled meeting was better than school being canceled.

Ahhhh a nice Thursday night watching prime time TV

We used to have an unusual number of thursday meetings canceled on thanksgiving day.

hey it is snowing somplace we should cancel.

I think I might have been at one of the more liberal KH's

• pontoon
    pontoon

They started postponing meetings in my KH for snowstorms years ago. It didn't go over well. On the make up night not even half the congo would show up. About 1/4 to 1/3 of our hall were bethelites from Wat farm, only 3 or 4 of them would show. After a couple storms the whole idea of make up meetings just faded away. No idea how they handle it now.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

That is a new one, postponed.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Don't go.....simple as that!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Yeah, just postpone it indefinitely for yourself, or cancel it.

• Darkside Blues
    Darkside Blues

WTF, postponed?! When did they start doing that? o_O

I hate how much snow we've been getting this year, but I'm glad it's been getting me out of many a meeting! Here's hoping Sunday will be cancelled as well!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit