No Satan

by jgnat 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Was it before or after Eden?

Gee, I don't know. Was he around before 1971??

Eden

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

He's mean, and he hurts people to feel better.

I feel that's the decision we all have to make when life hurts us, do we keep hurting other people to feel better or do we say the pain stops here. Then we have to heal the pain inside ourselves without hurting others. Many decide not to do this and we all suffer as a result of having to live or work with these types of people.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Now seriously.

That prophecy isn't about Satan / Devil. It's about the King of Babylon, presumably Nebuchadnezzar, or about the Neo-babylonian dinasty.

Eden

• jgnat
    jgnat

So the devil's origins are a mystery?

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Have you ever read the Book of Jasher?

If not, by all means read it. It expands on a lot of Genesis' accounts. Very interesting.

Eden

• PelicanBeach
    PelicanBeach

If angels exist then I believe it's logical to assume that just as there are men and women who are evil that the same could be true of some of God's angelic sons who, like people, have freedom of will.

Just my opinion.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

And god is so stupid that he just allows this guy Satan to run around doing all sorts of shit for his own personal enjoyment... Wonderful

• PelicanBeach
    PelicanBeach

Confusedandalone,

"And god is so stupid that he just allows this guy Satan to run around doing all sorts of shit for his own personal enjoyment... Wonderful"

You could look at it that way, I suppose. We are free to see things as we wish.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Here's another one to leave you scratching your head:

2 Samuel 24:1 [ASV] - " And again the anger of Jehovah was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them, saying, Go, number Israel and Judah."

and, in the parallell account:

1 Chronicles 21:1 [ASV] - " And Satan stood up against Israel, and moved David to number Israel."

So, who did it? Yahweh, or Satan?

Eden

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

The Devil was an angel once....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit