When Camels fly, anachronisms in the Bible

by designs 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

Little details in the Bible tell us the various authors wrote of past events but used features current to their day.

Instruments mentioned in Daniel, and recent carbon dating of camels places their domestication around the 10th century BCE. Yet Genesis says they accompained Abraham on his journey.

www.Smithsonian.com

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe

Thanks for posting this Designs! I appreciate every scrap of evidence that this "sacred" book is not infallible and god-inspired. The link to the article from Tel Aviv University was helpful.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Also a place mentioned in Exodus was not even built when Moses and his mob were supposedly wandering around!

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

I can't find the link y'all, read about 'munchies' but can't find the flying Camels...

insot4

• designs
    designs

Insearch- "flying" was just a fun way to introduce the Camel story. The article about when camels became domesticated, and several publications now carry it, show the value of science and when scientific methods help us understand history.

I wonder if the Awake will ever run this story., or if they will try again to dismiss carbon dating.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Abraham was using dinosaurs but calling them camels.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I saw the article's headline in the NYT but only had time to skim. Hey, unicorns were plentiful during the MIddle Ages.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I still cannot understand why after leaving Egypt, some in Moses' group said they planned on going to DsnyLnd ?

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit