Qualifications for Elders & MS

by snakeface 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snakeface
    snakeface

Quarterback, I was just thinking the same thing. I don't recall this Jaguar driver ever being an unbaptized publisher (or being at ANY field service meetings ever) or giving any student talks in the ministry school. But then all of a sudden he's an elder. Meanwhile the black brother was very active and visible for years but never got appointed. To borrow a quote from other religions, "The lord works in mysterious ways."

Except in this case, the "lords" are the elders. It's obvious the Jaguar driver's financial abilities were what got him appointed.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

10 or more hours of field service is not enough. You can have real 30 hours every month and can not be MS.

Because:
    1.) The congregation MUST see you in field service
    2.) You have to do your hours TOGETHER with your "field service group"

This are the rules from our elders

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

My cousin is an uber elder and was appointed very young, probably at 30 or so and has been one ever since. Interesting that

he had a rebellious daughter and she didn't go for the JW thing and even ran away a couple of times but he was never

removed for not having his family under control like it happens to others. I think it was because his rich mother donated lots to the KH.

No holy spirit there either!!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

That black brother is gonna have to buy a Jaguar, unfortunately. Maybe, he can squeek by, if he got a key holder with the Jaquar name, or, a coat with the Jaguar name. But, that would be misleading, and dishonest, eh?

• snakeface
    snakeface

You are right, fast Jehu. Publishers have to "support the arrangement." If you're putting in 10 hours/month of street work, or working with a friend/relative in another congregation, the elders still want to see you put in at least 10 hours/month with your own field service group. They want to see you at the hall, at the field service meetings, so that you can "be an example". of course the real reason is so they can tell if you're lying about your hours or not.

• snakeface
    snakeface

Lynnie, that's another thing I have seen. Elder families with teens who get into trouble with the law, but it is kept quiet. Then I find out "through the grapevine" that the elder (or wife's) parents or grandparents donated the property that the hall is built on. Meanwhile some other family cannot get appointed just becuse their teen got "reproved".

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

Yeah I know snakeface, it's all very interesting how it depends on WHO you are as opposed to what your "good works" are.

Now this same elder's daughter has decided to join back up but has been "studying" for about two years now and does not

go door to door (and has no intention I believe) but it's a great way to belong to the "social club" and be accepted by her

family and lots of friends. The love bombing is of giant proportions too. But no requirement of an elder's daughter to be an

UBP unlike the rest of the rank and file so far. And she can probably go for years like this on the fence.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

comments sadly are very true.....genuinely loving and kind men who willingly help without seeking recognition rarely become MS/Elders.......but judgmental, clicky, nepotistic,who bring overlarge well packed cases are...

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

In the various congregations that I've attended, I realize that some MS/Elders are appointed out of desperation. In my parents' KHall, two elders were appointed who did under 10 hours per month and couldn't even read a bedtime story to a child...they were poor speakers...but the congregation has an aging elder body, my dad is the second youngest (early 50's). One is confined to a wheelchair, the other has poor health and has issues with breathing, so he can't do much D2D or speak for long hours.

The MS they appointed at that time missed meetings because of school...many brothers had no desire to be appointed and turned down the offer...if you go to a congregation that has many persons to choose from, then you have to do extra to be recognized.

Peace

Kool Jo

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

I'm pretty sure the qualifications for being and elder are being able to preach the expected qualifications without actually possessing any of them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit