Newbee

by DullBookworm 23 Replies latest jw friends

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

As suggested, jwfacts.com is, indeed, a great single place to go. Another, is the 11 minute read in The Great Watchtower Contradiction which cites some 25 quotations from Watchtower's own publications they'd rather you not find in your Watchtower Library CD.

Len

• zophar
    zophar

DullBookWorm: no longer wanted people to think badly of the JW's over my conduct

That comment speaks volumes about the quality of your Character. Obviously, you are not a haughty or vindictive person. I admire you for your honesty, but don’t put yourself down too much.

A popular bracelet came out a few years ago WWJD. What Would Jesus Do? Is one to believe that he treated his fleshly brothers, who did not accept the “Truth” while Jesus was still alive, the way JW’s are told to treat you?

I love this Scripture: 1Corinthians 13:10,11 – “but when that which is complete arrives, that which is partial will be done away with. 11 When I was a babe, I used to speak as a babe, to think as a babe, to reason as a babe; but now that I have become a man, I have done away with the [traits] of a babe.” Paul admitted that the Christian Congregation was still engaged in “baby talk” they were still learning until “that which is complete” was to arrive.

According to the WT, “that which is complete” is still yet to arrive. So, If Jesus has not done a final judging, and JW’s still only have “partial” knowledge, why be judged as if you are already dead to your relatives now? WWJD?

I agree with a previous poster that “Apostate?” websites will only strengthen your dads resolve. Remember, in his heart he knows he is not doing what Jesus would want him to do but the Org is telling him different. As much as you can, continue your loving patience and continue loving him. Let YOUR love be unconditional regardless of his love for you.

• steve2
    steve2

You must of course realize that smokers are indeed the very, very worst of the worst. In many congregations, even known, disfellowsipped rabid apostates have been allowed to get on the platform to publically denounce smokers and their unhealthy and disgusting habit - and these anti-smoker apostates have been applauded by the brothers and sisters. Very heart warming I can say!

You have few viable options but I do suggest you put that cigarette out of your hand right now girl. In fact, you should not be smoking inside at all! Shame on you - your dear father wants no more than for you to stop smoking.

Please consider complying with his heart's wish for you. Then gather up all your old cigarette butts and virginally unused cigarettes and wrap them up in the latest Watchtower and have a grandly cathartic symbolic incineration of both those awful cigarettes and the stinky Watchtower. The truth about the truth shall set you free! Way to go, girl!

imagine ditching cigarettes and the Watchtower in one inflammatory step! I can see your father's eyes moistening even as I write.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome DullBookworm, Send your SIL an email/letter with links to www.jwfacts.com, www.freedomofmind.com, and www.jehovahs-witness.net ASAP and ask her to contact you before talking with your brother and father about the links. If you both collaborate with each other, you may be able to help your brother and father to critically think for themselves. By showing your father and brother unconditional love, being patient, and venting your frustrations on JWN, you may be able to overcome the WTBTS's BITE control that victimizes your father and brother.

The following video from Steve Hassan's website may help your SIL and you to understand how important it is to understand how the WTBTS is a dangerous cult: Strategic Interactive Approach explained 2003 (1:23:23).

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• clarity
    clarity

DullBookWorm......hi almost missed your 1st post!

Welcome to a place of discovery. Pull up a chair!

"In all these years I have defended the faith, kept making attempts to go back but failing because I can't give up the smoking "

My first impression is that you are so focussed on the 'smoking' thing,

that it blinds you to the "elephant in the room" that there is something

very wrong with the watchtower society & their teachings!

On so many levels!

Really open your eyes this time around & LOOK at it.

FREEDOM and a clear head is a wonderful healing gift!

Your Father may be reacting to your conflicting messages.

Get down to the root of your problems ...it isn't smoking.

Wishing you all the best miss Book :-)

clarity

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Hi, welcome to this refreshing and healing forum (it has been for me), so glad you're here!

Marina

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome! Isn't it interesting that the Society is so heavy handed about smoking but have no real interest in serious drinkers or those brothers and sister seriously over weight. What about seniors and their perscription drug addictions?

I guess if they can't smell it on you it's not a problem.

Smoking is a serious health problem, dangerous to you and anyone breathing in second hand smoke. But t o DF someone over that issue never made much sense to me let alone shun them.

JW'S prize honesty and meekness if you can learn to fake it they are easy to get along with lol. Start by switching to smokeless electronic Cigerettes. At least you can do away with the tell tale smell. Quiting would be best.

Got to go it's Martini time........somewhere in the world.

• DullBookworm
    DullBookworm

Thank you guys!

you've had me giggeling and crying and at some point at the same time :D

Yey to the non consideration of BMI of cookie addicts and so forth. Have thought much the same myself.

I have a lot of reading to do and am looking forward to many many discussions xxx

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

I find myself asking myself if I could EVER stop talking to my daughter because she smoked? completely unthinkable. Its scarey just what this religion can make people do

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Welcome to this wonderful forum. The DF/DA procedure is so unloving. I associate with some "worldly" co-workers who are morally bad and that would be ok with the WTS. Just sick how the WTS works.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit