Silentlambs:Response from JW re: pedophile issue:

by stocwach 19 Replies latest jw friends

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

What dung has said is what I have been saying to Bill and others for months.

I cannot stress how important it is to hit them with this door knocking stuff. Its a killer and this is what gives the story legs and separates this stupid cult from the rest.

hawk

• Almost There
    Almost There

And another difference is:

They kicked the pedophile out of the organization, into the real world. And once that person is thrown out of their organization, they no longer have an interest (ONLY if he/she is disrupting them, the hell with the rest of the children outside of their organization).

But SAY that they do their ministry because they "LOVE" people. (IT'S JUST SICKENING) What we want the general population to know, is that those nice people knocking at your door are not what they seem.

• happy man
    happy man

Red horse whomen.
    You say, Not one JW who has responded to this matter sees any need for change within the organization. In every case, they point to "imperfection" of the molester, and they try to put the blame on the victim.
    there you are wrong, ofcourse i as ongoing JW see the wrong thing here, if children is hurt, if this have benn comen, then jehova will punisch this who is behind this, bee sure of that.
    If it comes from Gb, i dont now, but if so they akt like kings in israel who dont follow jehovas law, and what hapend to them?I dont think Jehova is so happy abaout this dfd,thing,and whow this things have ben used in a wrong way i some cases.
    So perhaps we have some wolfs inn the topp, and iff, they have been put in thear by the devil. Wait and see, jehova will take careof this things hes way.perhaps he use Bill, Bowen and our friend Amaizing, who nows?

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

(((((Hawkaw and Almost There ))))))

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Dateline did indeed get sued over docotoring news repoorts on gas tanks exploding, 10 years or more ago. However, if he wishes to only dwell on past issues, how many times did the WT fail in their predicitions?

By today, I would say that Dateline has learned their lesson and has not had any other problems with their news reporting.

Now, if scandals are what sells news, how can the Watchtower so readily condemn the Catholic Church? Aren't they using the very same news medias to collect information against Catholics that they are condemning for reporting their own dirty laundry?

How do you spell HYPOCRIT? W-A-T-C-H-T-O-W-E-R!

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• dmouse
    dmouse

Stocwach, your dub friend is trying to confuse the issue with irrelevancies.

The problem is not merely caused by sinning individuals; it is supported at an organisational level. If Paedophiles are getting away with their disgusting activities it is because the people that are in a position to stop them are prevented from doing so because of SOCIETY POLICY.

The Society is not, and never has been, God’s chosen organisation. Their entire religion is based on the fantasies of a few men. Equating attacking the Society’s position on abuse with an attack on God is laughable. Any religion can justify any sick policy this way.

We have to get it through to these people who are defending the WBTS out of blind loyalty– they should be loyal to GOD, and their fellow-man, NOT a man-made organisation.

The paedophile issue is the tip of the iceberg. It is not the ONLY reason why so many are leaving the decaying, putrid stench of the WBTS.

People are leaving in multitudes, and the reasons are legion.

My heart swells when I see how well this company of ‘sisters’, this band of gallant ‘brothers’ has taken on the monster that is the WBTS over the past few years.

A toast to you!

• MarchOn
    MarchOn

O.k this is really starting to tick me off. I would bet every dime I've ever had and every dime I will ever have that if it was a "wordly" person that had molested a JW kid, that they would not be able to get to the police fast enough, they sure as HELL would not be waiting for Jehovah to take care of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!But it is so great that the Catholic children that have been molested are finally getting justice and the church is getting what it deserves, bad press etc. Good thing "wordly" people have the law because we can't count on God to get the bad people because he only loves JWS! GEEEEEEEZ you people are making me sick to my stocwach, oh I mean stomach!

• simplesally
    simplesally

I think it is not rational to allow a known pedophile to go to another congregation without alerting them. They write those letters of recommendation (in secret that you don't get to read) and leave that out????

They allow pedophiles to go to the doors of families with small children? They go to assemblies and conventions with many children? There should be some way to keep an eye on these men!

• thinker
    thinker

stocwach,
    Your friend seems to think all molesters are automatically booted out of the org.
    This BOE proves they are not.
    http://www.microtec.net/mleblank/org/lettrewt14march1997.html

"What can the elders do to help protect our children? The elders should be alert to the activity of any who are known to have molested children in the past. "

"What should elders do when a former child molester moves to another congregation? As outlined in the February 1991 Our Kingdom Ministry "Question Box" and the August 1, 1995, letter to all Bodies of Elders, our policy is always to send a letter of introduction when a publisher moves to another congregation. It is imperative that this be done when one who is known to have been a child molester moves. The secretary should write on behalf of the elders to the new congregation's body of elders and outline this publisher's background and what the elders in the old congregation have been doing to assist him. Any needed cautions should be provided to the new congregation's body of elders. This letter should not be read to or discussed with the congregation. This information should be kept in the congregation's confidential files where it can be reviewed by any elder. "

"It may be possible that some who were guilty of child molestation were or are now serving as elders, ministerial servants, or regular or special pioneers. Others may have been guilty of child molestation before they were baptized. The bodies of elders should not query individuals. However, the body of elders should discuss this matter and give the Society a report on anyone who is currently serving or who formerly served in a Society-appointed position in your congregation who is known to have been guilty of child molestation in the past. "

Seems there are wolves among the sheep.

• sunscapes
    sunscapes

Good to see 'ya again, Hawk!

What dung has said is what I have been saying to Bill and others for months.
    I cannot stress how important it is to hit them with this door knocking stuff. Its a killer and this is what gives the story legs and separates this stupid cult from the rest.

Exactly...what's worse? That a molester gives a talk from a platform, passes a mic, works the sound system, or shows up at your door "casing the joint" or "checking out your merchandise"? It's because that field service is "required" vs. the first three are "privileges or positions" that's the salient point.

Volunteer Bible Educational Work? MUHAHAHAHAH for sure.

So now perverse-minded molesters have a perverted motivation for getting increased time in the door-to-door work. Ironically, this increased activity will undoubtedly, after a while at least, set up these ones for ADDITIONAL privileges (based on setting a good example in field service). Great, just great.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit