The only thing I loved about field service

by Soledad 15 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

I really did enjoy field service. I was never a person who put my foot in the door or spouted sermons. I was like Guest, I enjoyed going out to meet people. I viewed it as making friends with those that lived near me. I always had a good time.

• Prisca
    Prisca

haha... this is a funny thread.

I was similar to Guest 77, in that the most interesting part was just chatting to people. I'm a natural anthropologist, so I loved chatting to them (if they wanted to that is, otherwise I'd just bid them a good day and let them be). In some ways I saw it as a PR exercise, to show the people that JWs weren't just about shoving doctrines down their throat. I was interested in the beliefs of others, particularly other Christians. I guess I was on my way out whilst I was still in!

Rainy days - ah, the joys of sleeping in on a rainy day!

• Matty
    Matty

Prisca - you're a hero. It's just as well that all JWs aren't like you were, because the poor householders might possibly think that we were actually sane!

I can't believe that I still go out on the ministry and talk crap. What a hypocrite. How much longer can I cope with it?!

Anyway, I like to look at peoples gardens and get ideas for my own.

• terafera
    terafera

I never liked service. When I lived in Hawaii.. I liked getting out in the sun sometimes, but I'll ever forget the feeling of walking up to the door, seeing a chain go under the porch and then hitting my toe on the first step. BAM! Out comes a pit bull, tearing at me... his face raging and his mouth foaming for JW flesh. I would run screaming while my mom hit them off with a stick or umbrella.

To this day I'm still leary of dogs because of so many 'attacks' in service....

The best time was at 12:30.. we would take the last house and a sister would say,' well, I guess its time to go back to the Hall.' My brother and I would meet up there... he was usually stuck with an elderly brother, me with an elderly sister. We would run to each other with big smiles, relieved our morning had come to an end. Then we'd go home and get in our play clothes and play like the normal kids got to do on weekends.

• one
    one

Soledad,
    Welcome!

You really started on the fast track.

Where were you all this time since no going out on saturday morningS?

going out on saturday nights, having BLTs all alone?

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Carmel, I've been to pool halls, bowling alleys and drinking est. sorry, not the same.

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit