The only thing I loved about field service

by Soledad 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Soledad
    Soledad

BLTs on Saturday mornings!!!! MMMMMMMMMM......having one right now!!!

What the head makes cloudy the heart makes very clear.

We judge ourselves by our intentions; others judge us by our actions

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Coffee and donuts!

• DB
    DB

Yeah, break time was usually nice. A good chat with a nice householder can be nice too.

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

The only thing I loved about field service...

Hearing the alarm clock go off, turning it off, asking myself, "Do I really feel like going out in field service today??? Nah!", closing my eyes, and going back to sleep.
    Or,
    Looking out the window, checking for rain (or even a small grey cloud), and then blaming the inclement weather (or the threat of any rain) for causing me to miss field service.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Most of the time I would meet an interesting person. Field service to me did not mean total preaching, rather, getting to meet another human. I got to the point when I'm in their neighborhood we would just chew the fat. I never pressed the issue with people. Meeting and talking to people always charged my batteries. Do you remember the words to the song about people who love people?

Guest 77

• City Fan
    City Fan

Getting in the car after it was over and going home - the feeling of relief was amazing !!

Best moment was doing a "rain dance" with a friend when I was about 8 years old just before the meeting for field service - by the time the meeting was over it was throwing it down and we had to go home !

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

awh whatdidja wanna go and post this for ? it's made my stomach tighten up and i'm feeling guilty about not going out .. heehee ... s'great not being in innit ? ... thing i used to enjoy most was placing mags easily, but having others hate me for doing so ;)

• Latte
    Latte

I loved the fact that I knew most householders would be out shopping in Asdas! Usually, we would manage to speak to about ONE person all morning.....phew!

• Carmel
    Carmel

Barbara Steisdand me thinks!

Of course you could jawjack with a lotta people at the bowling alley or pool hall. Didn't need to push Witchtowers to find good conversation..

carmel

• Deleted
    Deleted

When I was truly Borg (1989-92) I used to conduct the meeting for field service on a Wednesday morning, which included my stand-up comedy routine. Whoever got to go out with us was sure of a long coffee break, singing worldly songs (like Burning down the House)in the car and actually enjoying ourselves - even a few doors, mainly RV's. Then I got to play 9 holes in the afternoon and since I felt I had done something worthwhile I played well.

My golf game now stinks, I still sing songs in the car but I don't have to annoy the neighbors, or wear KH clothes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit