2014 April Our Kingdom Ministry

by WatchTower87 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

What percentage of the D.C. fliers end up in the trash?

D.C.M.S, do you think the real reason the Watchtower is still handing out D.C. fliers is the following theory?

Are the flies to keep Witnesses doing busy work even if they are not a highly effective tool of getting people to attend a Convention 500 miles from the home? I know people in some parts of the United States that must travel almost 500-600 miles for a Assembly, how is that helping?

My theory is handing out these fliers is the Watchtower's way of making sure the Witnesses are not allowed to have "idle time", "the Devil's tool", what do you think?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I reckon it's just to keep them busy and drum up enthusiasm and count more auxilliary pioneers. It's also used as an opportunity to push shy kids into becoming publishers.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

So many reminders on how to behave at the convention.

Shouldn't the only true religion guided by God automatically be doing these things?

Just goes to show how so many of the things they do is for show and not an integral part of their personalities.

At least they remind the cheapOs to leave a tip although they don't say a tract is not a tip.

Here's a couple of my faves:

Please Follow Up (S-43) Forms: A Please Follow Up form should be used to provide information regarding any interest found through informal witnessing during the convention

music will begin at 9:20 a.m. all three days.

At that time, all of us should go to our seats so that the program can begin in a dignified manner

When the doors to the facility are opened each morning, please do not rush to the seating area of your preference as if competing with fellow attenders

International Conventions: Some areas will host international conventions. Keep in mind that the branch office has invited specific congregations and foreign delegates after carefully calculating the number of seats, parking spaces, and hotel rooms available.

Overcrowding may occur if publishers attend an international convention to which they have not been invited. If circumstances require you to attend a convention other than the one to which you are assigned, you should not choose an International convention

I say we all show up at an international convention, but instead of protesting we rush in and save hundreds of seats.

Then walk around looking slovenly all day with fake badges on.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

RR: My theory is handing out these fliers is the Watchtower's way of making sure the Witnesses are not allowed to have "idle time", "the Devil's tool", what do you think?

-

Of course that's the reason. "Busy work" is the WT's objective-not meaningful productivity. Besides, think of how many JWs will be able to brag about their "accomplishment" of placing 300 flyers.

"busy work" is a classic tool of cults/high-control groups:

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I hate busy work, always have, always will...

• sir82
    sir82

When the doors to the facility are opened each morning, please do not rush to the seating area of your preference as if competing with fellow attenders

LOL!

"as if competing"

LOL!

Ever seen this? There ain't no "as if" about it.

It is bloodthirsty, greedy, winner take all, survival of the fittest competition.

Ever seen those videos of Walmart on black Friday when there are 50-inch TVs on sale for $300, but only "5 per store"? Yeah, it is EXACTLY like that.

"as if competing"

LOL!

Ain't no KM article gonna fix that.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Again, the KM states only Reg. Pio. (peak, not average) numbers increasing.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The 'inviting work to the DC' is so "publishers" who don't know squat can feel like they did something. You get to "cpunt your time" while calling on empty houses inviting people to travel 80 to 100 miles for a 1 hour talk. Yea that's going to happen!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    The momentous convention at Mount Sinai helped the Israelites to appreciate their unique privilege of being God’s people.(Deut.4:7,8) Our upcoming convention is designed to benefit us in a similar way.

There they go again... describing a Biblical event in the same common terms as the ones used in the Society today. Just as when they change "older men" in Scripture to "elders" ....Same difference, perhaps, but it reinforces in a dub's mind that back then and now is all the same, and that Bible characters were J W's doing it the same as "us today".

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

Thanks man. I've been missing out the midweek meetings for a while but my parents always check on me whether I attend or not so I need to be up-to-date with the talks and programs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit