Did you have a bad reaction to flu shot?

by compound complex 72 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks for sharing.

CoCo

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

You know, this year, I think I did. It coincided with a case of shingles, but I don't think shingles make you that sick.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Captain.

I hope the pain wasn't too bad -- I've heard so.

CC

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I get a vaccine every year. Most of the time I have no reaction. A few times I felt achy and a bit down. I am always all right within one day, though. The md said it just happens. I try to not have any important engagements that evening or the next day. They gave me pneumonia vaccine, too, this year. I had a massive itchy bump for a few days.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, BOTR:

I'm glad reaction was minimal.

Good Health!

CC

• talesin
    talesin

My mother had a flu shot ,, oh, about 15 years ago ...... two weeks later, she landed in the ICU with double pneumoia ....... there is a great controversy about vaccines.

When I was about 8 yrs old, I was vaccinated for hepatitis .... and ended up in an isolation unit, with the disease. We don't know what effects these vaccines have .. really.

For the majority, they seem to provide a protection, but for some, they seem to backfire. I, for one, will not get vaccinated fot the flu. It's kind of ironic, because ,, lol! ... right now, I have the flu.

damn,, so tired, and every bone in my body aches. but, there's an anecdotal story for you, dear CoCo.

Much love to you!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there CoCo

I never had a bad reaction, But I seen on TV once

where a lady claimed she couldn't walk forward any more

she could only walk backwards and I think ride a bike

• talesin
    talesin

We are all just a big experiment for pharmaceutical companies, and the medical profession is complicit. My thoughts are............. investigate, do your own research, before you trust what doctors say! Many of them are too busy, too tired, and they take the word of the pharmaceutical reps.......... we are our own best advocates.

The days when you can trust your doctor, are LONG GONE...

and if any medical professionals are reading this............ don't cry foul, just because YOU have morals and ethics ... many of your colleagues do NOT.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

My husband gets a flu shot every year ,and has never had a reaction . He hasn't had the flu for many yrs now either.

I on the other hand am very sensitive to many different types of medications so I have chosen not to get the vaccine . However ,I work around school age children so I am exposed to all kinds of germs ....I go back and forth about whether I should just take the added protection .

What about you COCO ? Did you have a reaction or are you trying to decide whether to get the shot ?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Interesting posts, dear Tal and wasblind! THANKS!

Hope you're better soon, Taleisin -- so sorry about what had happened to you. I had a very bad reaction myself and was off work for a month.

As a matter of fact, I do walk backwards, wasblind!

Best.

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit