Doesn't the ARMAGEDDON teaching foster a MORBID view of the future?

by Black Man 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Man
    Black Man

Yeah, the WHOLE JW-concept of Armageddon is unchristian. For a God who was supposedly so precise and exacting in creating the universe, he sure has a sloppy way of straightening things out. Much like the flood, Armageddon is such a sloppy and barbaric way of trying to right things and show "sovereignty."

• Fernando
    Fernando

Indeed.

The very opposite of the liberating "Good News".

• designs
    designs

How can you say "the whole JW concept of Armageddon is unchristian". Seems these passages from Matthew and Revelation et al are exactly what this Jesus character has in mind if not worse depending on how literal one takes these passages.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"The first thing brought forth by the study of any religion, ancient or modern, is that it is based upon Fear, born of it, fed by it-and that it cultivates the source from which its nourishment is derived." - Upton Sinclair

• booker-t
    booker-t

BlackMan I totally agree with you on this point. I remember spending most of the mid 70s scared to death in elementery school hoping Jehovah would spare me and not kill me at the Big A. It is amazing how much damage this doctrine does to the young mind. You spend most of your youth feeling disgusted with yourself and believing you are not a good person. When 1975 came and went I had to go back to school in 1976 and tell all of my classmates God spared you in 75 so you better clean up your lives. It is amazing to me now how much mind controll there is in religions. Now that I am finishing up my Masters degree in psychology a religion or church cannot pull nothing over my eyes now.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I was at a meeting just recently where the speaker stated that the birds were going to come and eat the dead people. He went on to say that it was one of Jehovah's loving provisions. People were smiling. As a non-jw, I was creeped out by the statement then blown away by how the statement was received.

• Black Man
    Black Man
    Bttt!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit