Christians, Christians where is the Love?

by jam 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jam
    jam

Thousands of Muslims left Bangui in a massive convey Friday that was

jeered by crowds of Christians. One Muslim who fell off a truck was

quickly killed by the mob. Muslim women who could not get on the

trucks tried to hand their children to strangers aboard the vehicles.

Prime Minister Andre Nzapayeke said "when the Muslims have left

the country, what happen next? The Protestants will throw out the

Catholics, and then the Baptists aganist the Evangelists, and finally

the animists?

Religion...

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

How many Mosques did the Christians blow up and how many innocent members got their head cut off by these Christians? The Christians in Egypt jumped in front of Protest Police to protect the non-Radical Islamic followers. I wonder how much traction this story is going to get considering we are usually "one story of cruel conduct" vs at minimum 50x the stories.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1353330/Egypt-protests-Christians-join-hands-protect-Muslims-pray-Cairo-protests.html

Images of solidarity as Christians join hands to protect Muslims as they pray during Cairo protests

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
    UPDATED: 12:46 EST, 3 February 2011

View
    comments

Striking photos of unity have emerged from the chaos in Egypt as Christian protesters stood together to protect Muslims as they prayed.

A group of Christians joined hands and faced out surrounding hundreds of Muslims protesters left vulnerable as they knelt in prayer.

The photos were taken in Cairo by Nevin Zaki.

+2

Christians faced outward and joined hands in a circle to protect a Muslim group of protesters as they prayed in Egypt

She shared the images over Twitter, writing, 'Bear in mind that this pic was taken a month after z Alexandria bombing where many Christians died in vain. Yet we all stood by each other.'

The suicide bombing, shortly after the New Year's Day, killed 23 Coptic Christians, who make up 10percent of Egypt's 80 million person population.

More...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1353330/Egypt-protests-Christians-join-hands-protect-Muslims-pray-Cairo-protests.html#ixzz2str1He00
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

• Badfish
    Badfish

This post is extremely significant because the tiny group referred to in this Central African Republic Village claim to be Christians.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

This reads much like the Partition of India and Pakistan after Indian independence. Sometimes what appears to be religious is actually communal violence.

• designs
    designs

Did the religious divide run along clan and tribal divisions.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

They do in India. The United States is less stratified but it happens here. I have yet to see a fundie or Pentecostal Church (or KH) in an upper middle class to wealthy neighborhood. I am temporarily living on the outskirts of a major ghetto city. As I speed through the urban blight, I don't see a single mainstream church. All I see are small storefront churches. There is a link to socioeconomic status and choice of church. I see it as a good thing b/c people can choose where they are most comfortable.

I've posted before about watching an episode of Tim Russert's Meet the Press. He had on political consultants who market the candidates. One did it for the Dems, the other one did for the GOP. They explained how how we vote has nothing to do with ideology but was a lifestyle choice. I did not believe them. They listed about twenty consumer items that are scanned when you purchase them. Lettuce, colas, shampoo, antipersperants, etc. Russert indicated his preference before they revealed how it signalled party allegiance. I thought I was quite the sophisticated with a Poli Sci degree. I was horrified. Every single example indicated I was a Dem. Shampoo? Yes. I am certain the same thing happens with religion.

The consumer choices are tabulated from various sources. In the past, if you were the odd Dem in a GOP stronghold, you could not be reached. It would be too expensive. Now they can tell from your grocery items and come knocking at your door.

There has been a massive fracture in American politics since the US was formed. NY vs. the South. Alexander Hamilton, strong central government,, pro business vs. Thomas Jefferson, strong state government until he was President, with profound distrust of cities. Unless you had someone such as George Washington with national experience, the regions differed on the role of government. There were also regional religions. I believe this happens in most countries.

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

Why blame the Christians or any religion? Parents, education system, entertainment industry … all have to share the blame! Total environment is of self-serving! In such a system of things, what can we expect?

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

"Jesus is ideal and wonderful, but you Christians - you are not like him."

Mahatma Gandhi

• humbled
    humbled

zed, Jesus & Gandhi

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's just people being people.

Good and bad in all.

Having said that, religion doesn't always help.

Man has made god in his own image.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit