When you bring your lunch, bring along extra's to feed others

by Quarterback 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Last week's Service meeting had brought out the experience in the 2013 YB about sharing their lunch with someone in the audience, who didn'y have anything. Although I beleive this to be a good idea, but, I couldn't help but think how things had changed. The society wasn't playing by that same principle of hospitality, when they had the food arrangement at the assemblies. You had to buy/donate for your meal, unless you were a pioneer.

Many couldn't buy their lunch. I remember some of the Elders in my cong got together to provide financially for these individuals. This was separate from the food arrangement.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

Giving food to hungry people is what Christ did, that is why the Society did otherwise.

• humbled
    humbled

I remember getting some of the "extra" lunches so we could eat an evening meal. Those days I worked corn detassling during the summers in Iowa to pay for convention expenses.

It was a big expense for poor families to go. We budgeted to tip the motel maids.

Edit: the last convention I attended my only baptised son(22 yo) drove down with me and my youngest (unbaptised) daughter (16yo). It was in Oklahoma City as I recall. We met a homeless woman begging for food and ended taking her to our hotl room because we didn't have money but we had food for sanwiches. She had questions about the JWs. She was from Louisiana. She alept in one bed, snored alot, son slept on floor. Daughter slept w/ me. She went to the sunday program with us and came back to Fayetteville, Arkansas with us. Stayed with us in a ramshackle cabin til we got a bus ticket bought from her momma in Louisiana. Meanwhile went to a couple meetings with us. She was not impressed. But She was a hoot--we shopped for a dress of her choosing at a thrift store where we shopped. The friends were not warm towards her. I know all the stuff that can be said about homeless people...blah, blah ... I am just saying there wasn't as much love for the needy as there should have been. WAY TOO CAREFUL to be warm.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Last week's Service meeting had brought out the experience in the 2013 YB about sharing their lunch

with someone in the audience, who didn'y have anything.

................While the WBT$.......................Those Starving Children could Sell their Empty Cups..

...........Sat Back and Watched...............................Then send The Money to the WBT$..

............................................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You would think with the hundreds of millions the WTS. has that they would pay for lunch whoever shows up

at an Assembly !

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Outlaw: Those Starving Children could Sell their Empty Cups...TThen send The Money to the WBT$..

--

They appear to be overdressed as well. No homeless kid needs that much clothing. They should donate that to WT too.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

And why aren't they baptised yet, or at least publishing? Then they wouldn't have time to worry about their empty stomachs.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

They appear to be overdressed as well. No homeless kid needs that much clothing. They should donate that to WT too.....ADCMS

Unless those Starving Children sell their Empty Cups and Send the Money to the WBT$..

.................................Jehovah Won`t Give Them Any Chickens!..

.......................................................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

And why aren't they baptised yet, or at least publishing? Then they wouldn't have time to worry about their empty stomachs.

--

They obviously lack faith..."Jehovah" has nothing to bless. They are putting trivial things like food and a home ahead of "Kingdom Interests"

-

At least the Circuit and District Overseers got a publisher-funded brand new car and free health insurance again this year, so not all is lost.

It's groovy being a Circuit Overseer, baby. Yeah! It makes me randy, baby...

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

To think we only had three holidays when I was a child because we went to bloody assemblies instead

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit