The Literature Trolley Has Arrived in My Little Town

by cofty 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

There is a colorful but unseemly expression in New Zealand about "being trolleyed": It refers to someone becoming so heavily and dangerously intoxicated with alcohol they cannot stand up, let alone walk, so the medical services have to pick them up off the street, place them on a trolley and take them to a hospital detox centre. Not a pretty picture at all, with a complete loss of dignity and personal integrity after a hard night out on the town.

Now the Witnesses are coming to a town near you with their special trolleys! Yikes! I'd hate to think the public would become so trolleyed by the Witnesses message that loss of dignity results and hospital care is necessary. Just a reflection....

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

I see them about 3/5 days a week at the train station. I would love to pick up some literature and openly bin it. Only problem is there are no bins near!!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi scotinsw, Let the JWs toss it for you after you write (or place a permanent sticker with a QR code on it for) www.jwfacts.com, www.freedomofmind.com, or another reputable website on the propaganda and hand it back to them.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I rarely go in to town, I just shop in the village, or go to Supermarkets on the outskirts of town, so I have never seen a trolley.

Are they looked after by pretty young sisters, Trolley Dolly's ?

I don't know quite what I shall do when I do encounter one, it won't be "do nothing" though, I am feeling militant lately.

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

I have grown to really like you Cofty, we disagree on Theism but I respect your eduction and knowledge of all JW Theology along with your realistic thoughts on life, one day I want to have a cold one with you!

We can talk something non-JW, I keep myself free from many EX-JWs because it's a depressing subject when we can be talking about fun things, women, life or camping and fishing. I own a large ranch, when you flew to the United States I can show you what real Cowboys do on horse!

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks RR - If you ever get over this side of the pond I will buy you a real beer ;)

• sleepingbeauty2
    sleepingbeauty2

Spotted one of these Trolleys in Tamworth, Staffordshire too. I literally had to twist my neck like an owl to see who was actually with the thing. Hardly close by & hiding almost around the corner from it. Embarrassed to stand by it, I'd like to think...

• Heaven
    Heaven

Cofty said: As a way of saying fuck you and your mind-controlling cult that broke up my family.

I couldn't have said this better myself. Told one of my colleagues the other day "I hate this f*cking religion." It greatly damaged our family. I don't often use the words 'hate' or 'f*cking' but they are completely appropriate in this context... 'religion' is debatable. (Apologies for violating posting guideline# 3). The anger still wells up from time to time.

LOL @ Watchtower-Free. Love your graphic alteration.

Regarding the trolleys, I am in Ontario, Canada and have not seen these. Has anyone here seen them and if so where? Just curious.

• cofty
    cofty

I just googled for images of JW Trolleys and found my picture from the OP on a pro-JW forum.

Interesting...

• Heaven
    Heaven
    Amazingly enough, I still have not seen one of these trolleys in real life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit