Are J.W.'s as Gullible as the Org's Writings Imply?

by The Searcher 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PhilsWager2
    PhilsWager2
    Search they don't even thoroughly read their literature and keep up with all the "new light", so how can they be gullible, the word implies the Witness took some time to read or think, very few even study to digest and synthesize all the writers ideas presented by the Watchtower. I think most are on cruise-control and don't think about religion like all of us here do, to be gullibility implies some acceptance of the doctrines, as many of you have proven, most JWs don't read and I have discovered don't want their own You-tube Channel JW.Org!
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

JOHNAMOS quoted - "The Bible leaves no doubt about what our attitude should be toward the impending destruction of this system of things."

Every scripture you quoted had its full application back in the first century, as Jesus promised - "This generation...." not "that" generation in 2000 years time.

Clarke's Commentary provides a comprehensive summary of how all of Jesus' words were fulfilled within that generation - 36 years later!

There was no "type & antitype", no "greater fulfilment". It was completed.

Yes, and after 136 years of "crying wolf" about the timings in God's mind, (Acts 1:7) the Org's needle is still stuck on the same record - "soon", "imminent", "impending", "in front of us", "on the threshold" + countless other words and phrases to keep their victims on a state of "alert".

Check out the Org's historical writings and see how successive "faithful & discreet slaves" failed miserably with every single inspired expression about the timing of "the end"!

They're worse than the Westboro Baptists at predicting!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    At least the WCB doesn't try to pass itself off as respectable.
  • johnamos
    johnamos

Quote- There was no "type & antitype", no "greater fulfilment". It was completed. -end quote

Luke 21:27 And then they will see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

Mark 13:26 And then they will see the Son of man coming in clouds with great power and glory. 27 And then he will send forth the angels and will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from earth’s extremity to heaven’s extremity.

Matthew 24:30 And then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in lamentation, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he will send forth his angels with a great trumpet sound, and they will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to their other extremity.

So are you saying the above has already been fulfilled???

Quote- Check out the Org's historical writings and see how successive "faithful & discreet slaves" failed miserably with every single inspired expression about the timing of "the end"! – end quote

Actually they have not failed in what they have said/taught…it just depends on how you view it. This is why many here are just angry and lost because you are viewing and focusing on the so-called failures of the WTS/GB that it causes you to disregard the bible and even doubt Jehovah and Jesus or even doubt that they exist (for some of you)…that you don’t realize that you should be grateful that the WTS/GB is the way it is. The WTS/GB are not failing but are instead are succeeding in what they are doing.

Again, it is all in how you look at it…:)

[3-15-13 WT- THE churches of Christendom have generally avoided using God’s name. For example, the introduction of the Revised Standard Version of the Bible says that it is “entirely inappropriate” for the church to call God by any name.

2 In contrast, Jehovah’s Witnesses are proud to be called by God’s name and to honor it. (Read Psalm 86:12; Isaiah 43:10.)]

[6-1-91 WT- Like ancient Jerusalem, Christendom looks to worldly alliances for security, and her clergy refuse to take refuge in Jehovah. Why, they do not even use his name, and they mock and persecute those who do honor that name.]

[9-15-10 WT- The Governing Body publishes spiritually encouraging literature in many languages. This spiritual food is based on God’s Word. Thus, what is taught is not from men but from Jehovah.—Isa. 54:13.]

[Ezekiel 13:1 And the word of Jehovah continued to occur to me, saying: 2 “Son of man, prophesy concerning the prophets of Israel who are prophesying, and you must say to those prophesying out of their own heart, ‘Hear the word of Jehovah. 3 This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: “Woe to the stupid prophets, who are walking after their own spirit, when there is nothing that they have seen! 4 Like foxes in the devastated places are what your own prophets have become, O Israel. 5 YOU men will certainly not go up into the gaps, neither will YOU build up a stone wall in behalf of the house of Israel, in order to stand in the battle in the day of Jehovah.” 6They have visioned what is untrue and a lying divination, those who are saying, ‘The utterance of Jehovah is,’ when Jehovah himself has not sent them, and they have waited to have a word come true. 7 Is it not an untrue vision that YOU men have visioned, and a lying divination that YOU have said, when saying, ‘The utterance of Jehovah is,’ when I myself have spoken nothing?”’ 8 “‘Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: “‘For the reason that YOU men have spoken untruth and YOU have visioned a lie, therefore here I am against YOU,’ is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah.” 9 And my hand has come to be against the prophets that are visioning untruth and that are divining a lie. In the intimate group of my people they will not continue on, and in the register of the house of Israel they will not be written, and to the soil of Israel they will not come; and YOU people will have to know that I am the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, 10 for the reason, yes, for the reason that they have led my people astray, saying, “There is peace!” when there is no peace, and there is one that is building a partition wall, but in vain there are those plastering it with whitewash.’11 “Say to those plastering with whitewash that it will fall. A flooding downpour will certainly occur, and YOU, O hailstones, will fall, and a blast of windstorms itself will cause a splitting. 12 And, look! the wall must fall. Will it not be said to YOU men, ‘Where is the coating with which YOU did the plastering?’13 “Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said, ‘I will also cause a blast of windstorms to burst forth in my rage, and in my anger there will occur a flooding downpour, and in rage there will be hailstones for an extermination. 14 And I will tear down the wall that YOU men have plastered with whitewash and bring it into contact with the earth, and its foundation must be exposed. And she will certainly fall, and YOU must come to an end in the midst of her; and YOU will have to know that I am Jehovah.’ 15 “‘And I will bring my rage to its finish upon the wall and upon those plastering it with whitewash, and I shall say to YOU men: “The wall is no more, and those plastering it are no more, 16 the prophets of Israel that are prophesying to Jerusalem and that are visioning for her a vision of peace, when there is no peace,”’ is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah.]

• steve2
    steve2

johnamos, I agree it is all in how you look at it. How you look at it is different from how I look at it and how the next person and the next one looks at it. "Truth" has never been so nicely perspectival.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit