Are J.W.'s as Gullible as the Org's Writings Imply?

by The Searcher 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

JWS are just fed the WTS's supporting doctrines, which were devised to allure people to its publications., selectively leaving out scriptures that contravene against their expressed doctrines and actions.

This is how this religion was formulated upon self appealing and supportive selectivity in the vein of charlatanism.

People are being intensionally deluded into thinking the behavior controls placed on them by the WTS. is for their own appealing benefit in creating a strong spiritual presence around themselves in appeasement to Jehovah, when in reality they are being controlling and designed to appeal to the WTS. and its own inherent agenda of literature proliferation and the financial operative business(s) that it entails.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Speaking as a born-in JW, the answer to the Thread Title is YES !

I was probably less gullible than most, I didn't swallow all the Bullcrap, but I certainly did believe that the "End" would come sometime. So the kind of bollocks they are writing in this WT (as in many over the past 60 or 70 years) would not have made me think "This is crap!". Which it should have.

I would have had my reservations as to the imminence of the "End" having heard this stuff for decades, but would still have felt the general principle of "stay awake" was sound.

I think for sure that if you are born-in particularly you never grow up into a proper adult. You are forbidden to think, and to make any decision for yourself, you just trust the G.B.

They can spoon-feed any crap to JW's and they will accept it.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    OneEyed, You hit the nail squarely one the head. As a born in with absolutely no ex or non JW family I ignored any doubts and refused to research the history of the Borg for the simple reason that I was completely UNPREPARED for the decisions that would be required if I learned TTATT.
  • steve2
    steve2

When you're fast asleep, it's extremely hard to think straight, let alone think at all.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    Steve2, Very true! and if your eyes slightly begin to flutter you grab some warm milk in the attempt to prevent/hinder the awakening.
  • johnamos
    johnamos

What are y’all here mostly angry about… the fact that you once believed all that is taught by the WTS was true?

What allowed you to do so at one time still allows for you to do so now. You are willing to at face value go along with what sounds appealing to you at the time. You allow something to make sense to you just because you want it to. You don’t really read with any insight and any desire to check for yourself.

Take for example:

Quote - The latest Watchtower certainly indicates that the Org thinks they are!!

WHY KEEP IN EXPECTATION? Watchtower August 15 par. 4, page 15

"The Bible leaves no doubt about what our attitude should be toward the impending destruction of this system of things. Jesus told his followers to "keep on the watch" and to "keep awake." (Matt. 24:42; Luke 21:34-36) That in itself is a good reason to remain in expectation - Jesus told us to do so!"

Our attitude toward "the impending destruction of this system of things"????? Nope!

And Jesus never told anyone to concern themselves!– end quote

Now compare:

Mark 13:29 Likewise also YOU, when YOU see these things happening, know that he is near, at the doors.

Luke 21:28 But as these things start to occur, raise yourselves erect and lift YOUR heads up, because YOUR deliverance is getting near.”

Luke 21:36 Keep awake, then, all the time making supplication that YOU may succeed in escaping all these things that are destined to occur, and in standing before the Son of man.”

Habakkuk 2:3 For the vision is yet for the appointed time, and it keeps panting on to the end, and it will not tell a lie. Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come true. It will not be late.

Jesus did indeed say to keep awake in regards to the impending destruction that is what “these things” are in reference to. When those things that are destined to occur start occurring those that are awake to such will see it and relate it to their deliverance arriving which is in reference to Jesus’ arrival. Those that are not awake to such will view those things just as they do now just as the on going problems in this world and they will keep looking to man to solve them.
  • Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Happened upon the story of an ex Gilead school graduate that had a Twilight Zone moment when they were told by their instructor that Elijah and Elisha were prophesied in scripture as Russell and Rutherford ( true story ) The poor guy got out not long after. It's a shame they pull this stuff but the other students ate it up like pudding as he put it. I've gotten to the point where I think much of the org is all about justifying their own job positions with redundant 'spiritual' make work. ( job security for themselves )

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

JOHNAMOS - You logically quote from the RNWT - using the Org's questionable translation of Hebrew & Greek words. This inevitably skews the meanings and context of scriptures, in order to present an erroneous or misleading teaching.

Consider Habakkuk 2:3 which you quoted;

the word chakah which the Org renders as "keep in expectation of", literally means to "wait for, long for". Definitely a change of tone, somewhat.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Hab&c=2&t=KJV#s=t_bibles_905003

To further expose the lie that the RNWT is an "accurate translation", compare the wordings of a) 1 Peter 3:2,15, and b) Revelation 5:10, with the original Greek.

a) Greek 'phobos' means 'fear'. It does not mean "deep respect".

b) Greek 'epi' means 'upon, on'. It does not mean 'over'. Confirm this by looking at the Greek table which features on the inside cover of the Kingdom Interlinear Translation.

With just these two quoted scriptures, two perverted teachings are created.

The truth is a lot easier to accept than a lie.

• tiki
    tiki
    thinking that silly looking blue toys can trot down kh aisles.....that some dude who prays to find a leak in a roof is blessed with finding it.....believing that some oddballs that got tossed in jail for a little while back in 1918 or 1919 then got out fulfilled something in revelation about dry bones coming to life......oh yeah......most certainly a gullibility factor present.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Are they as gullible as they seem ? Sadly, Yes !

When it comes to the WTS they would believe anything they were told (let's face it , they have done)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit