Why JWs would commit murder if ordered to by the GB

by kneehighmiah 60 Replies latest jw friends

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Incidentally, the Bible states, and WT agrees, that the mere thought of murdering anyone, especially a brother, is tantamount to actually doing it. Calling anyone an apostate is calling them a "despicable fool", an action which results in a fatal judgment from god (I'm not promoting belief in god, the WT's theology or the Bible...I'm just highlighting what they say).

When WT commits to print, and diseminates such article to millions of JWs and just as many non-JWs, the idea of "hating" a brother for holding a differing, conscientious view (an "apostate") from that of WT, within the context of Mosaic Law mandates to kill such a person, then in very real terms WT, and anyone who agrees with them, is guilty of thought crime, which also condemns that person to a judgment corresponding with the real act, had it been physically carried out.

[edit] ---

"What, then, did the expression "despicable fool" signify? The word used here sounded similar to a Hebrew term that means "rebellious," or "mutinous." It designates a person as morally worthless, an apostate and a rebel against God. So the person addressing his fellow as a "despicable fool" is as much as saying that his brother should receive a punishment fit for a rebel against God, everlasting destruction. From God’s standpoint, the one uttering such a condemnation against another could merit that severe sentence—everlasting destruction—himself.—

Deuteronomy 19:17-19 ."

Notice that calling someone a "despicable fool" is equated to calling them an "apostate"!

"In his Sermon on the Mount, Jesus Christ warned his followers: "I say to you that everyone who continues wrathful with his brother will be accountable to the court of justice; but whoever addresses his brother with an unspeakable word of contempt will be accountable to the Supreme Court; whereas whoever says, ‘You despicable fool!’ will be liable to the fiery Gehenna."—

Matthew 5:22 ."

• adamah
    adamah

Designs said- Tik- I am not defending the Wt.. Projecting scenarios as kneehigh has done is not productive to helping the friends still in who may want to leave.

Yeah, projecting fears of what MIGHT happen instead of focusing on what currently IS constitutes a 'slippery slope' argument, arguing as to what future harm MAY occur. It's likely counter-productive over-reach, since it's likely only to trigger "JW defense barriers".

Fortunately, there's no need to hyperbolize and speculate: the WTBTS already relies on the same dynamic of obedience to authority via demanding compliance for their shunning policy, part of their arsenal of control measures.

So pointing out Milgram's work to rank-and-file members alone without overreaching is less-likely to trigger an emotional defensive instinct, since whether they know about Milgram's experimental findings or not, they're actually living in a recreation of Milgram's experiment, and remain at the risk of control as long they refuse to see it.

I wrote an article a few years ago connecting the dots between Milgram's study and JW who "only follow orders" to shun, and suggest using a different approach to counter shunning so as not to give JWs the feedback they are expecting (and crave) to defend the dysfunctional mechanism:

http://awgue.weebly.com/countering-jw-shunning-how-the-implications-of-stanley-milgrams-work-may-suggest-using-a-different-approach.html

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Adam: the WTBTS already relies on the same dynamic of obedience to authority via demanding compliance for their shunning policy, part of their arsenal of control measures.

---

Truly ironic, coming from someone who, in two different threads in as many days, argued ad nauseum that the GB is "less authoritarian" now and blasted anyone who said otherwise.

-

Adam, do you believe anything you say? You are a hypocrite to the "nth" degree. I think a line from "Liar, Liar" is appropriate right here:

You are "a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless steaming pile of cow dung, figuratively speaking".

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I see where you are trying to connect the dots, still asking or commanding followers to commit actual murder is a really big stretch.

The thread is not about what the GB might do.

The thread is about what JWs would do based on the authority of the GB.

And many, many JWs would do ANYTHING the GB told them to do. ANYTHING.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Intro to psychology is enough to see through their control methods. That's what I'm taking now. And the GB is definitely becoming subtly more authoritarian. Especially since the new fds teaching.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

The GB is now even insulting is own members. In today's lesson we learn that we are gullible if we believe media reports about the JWs. This manipulation is sad. Now people willfeel incredible internal pressure not to believe anything they read. Cult conditioning.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

In today's lesson we learn that we are gullible if we believe media reports about the JWs.

-

Only if such reports are negative. If they are positive, then it's 'evidence' that Satan and his wicked world (including the media) cannot prevail over Jehovah's Witnesses.

The GB is now even insulting is own members

They always have...they are just more overt and shameless about it now.

• designs
    designs

"Insulting its own members' that's what we use to call the Circuit Overseer's visit...

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

It doesn't get anymore insulting than this:

"Sheep are interesting creatures — docile, timid, and often plain stupid." --Awake! 3/8/93

-

WT has always called it's JW followers "sheep". This Awake reference is an in-your-face insult, nothing more.

• designs
    designs

Remember when Fred Franz would lovingly call us the "Rank and File"....I felt so special Ha!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit