do you think there are 100,000 ex jw or interested to sign?

by carla 12 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Correction: 2905..

So 2 years 10months and Change..

................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The WH is not going to provide a meaningful response so lack of signatures is no problem. I see petitions near colleges and universities. Once I was so gullible to believe the people gathering the signatures were dedicated volunteers. They are paid. It is almost a scam. Anyone who stays more than one week has my admiration.Sometimes I talk to the person but I announce upfront they will not get my signature or money. One important reason is I don't want to be on a mailing list. I believe fewer people would sign if they knew it was paid work.

Why don't you make an appointment with a legislative aide? They explain the politician's position. If they sense a trend in the populace, they will report it back to the office. A consistent problem here has been the poorly worded content of the petition. No one is going to endorse pedophile behavior. On the other hand, no politician is going to take on a religion, even the Witnesses. The Roman Catholics have a much stronger case than JW apostates. Priests are employees. The church has control over them. Someone casually showing up for field service or meetings does not have much linkage with the Witnesses.

I don't think petitions have ever accomplished much. Trying to destroy a religion makes you look like a demented dingaling. Rather than a petition, why not focus on concrete facts that you could present to a public official to convince the person. I've never seen convincing facts on these sites. Are there reliable studies? Are the Witnesses so much worse than other churches? The First Amendment is serious business. Actual pedophile behavior would be covered by state criminal laws. Perhaps you need to make a case for prosecution with the local DA.

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

The White House petition inititive has become a bit of a joke. The petitions to deport Piers Morgan and Justin Bieber each got over 100,000 votes and the White House had to respond. The petition that the government construct a Star Wars-style Death Star also garnered enough signatures that they had to issue an official response. There would probably be a higher chance of success if you propose that they sell the Governing Body off as slaves to the Klingons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit