Six years , new location , no love.

by smiddy 19 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I read this in the publications and realized that the WTS was putting the responsibility of the lost sheep to reach out for help, not that the shepherd look for the missing sheep without hearing "bleating." Is that what Jesus said? Do the sheep have to "bleat" first?

(Luke 15:1-7)

. . .Now all the tax collectors and the sinners kept drawing near to him to hear him. 2 Consequently both the Pharisees and the scribes kept muttering, saying: “This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.” 3 Then he spoke this illustration to them, saying: 4 “What man of YOU with a hundred sheep, on losing one of them, will not leave the ninety-nine behind in the wilderness and go for the lost one until he finds it? 5 And when he has found it he puts it upon his shoulders and rejoices. 6 And when he gets home he calls his friends and his neighbors together, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, because I have found my sheep that was lost.’ 7 I tell YOU that thus there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner that repents than over ninety-nine righteous ones who have no need of repentance.

*** w02 3/1 p. 16 pars. 13-14 How Precious Is the Truth to You? ***

But where does the ultimate responsibility lie if we are to persevere in our way of life based on the truth? Really, the responsibility rests with each one of us. And that is true both under normal circumstances and in difficult times. Consider the following incident.

In Scotland some young lambs were grazing in a pasture when one of them strayed to the side of a hillock and tumbled onto a ledge below. It was uninjured, but it was frightened and unable to climb back. So it started to bleat plaintively. Its mother heard it, and she too began to bleat until the shepherd came and retrieved the young lamb.

Notice the sequence of events. The lamb called for help, the ewe added her voice to its cries, and the alerted shepherd sprang into action to rescue it. If a very young animal and its mother can sense danger and immediately call for help, should we not do the same when we stumble spiritually or face unexpected dangers from Satan’s world? (James 5:14, 15; 1 Peter 5:8) We should, especially if we are lacking in experience either because we are young or because we are relatively new in the truth.

• prologos
    prologos

wt has decided to harvest the natural affection of the combined sheep, shephards and all, and harness the harvest into their corporate endeavours. That harvest is done, and there is no natural love to go around for the human, emotional need of the 'sheep'.

The sheep don't bleat, they bleed.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Blondie: I read this in the publications and realized that the WTS was putting the responsibility of the lost sheep to reach out for help, not that the shepherd look for the missing sheep without hearing "bleating." Is that what Jesus said? Do the sheep have to "bleat" first?

Great comment!

In fact, if a "sheep" gets DF'd, then that sheep will not only have to "bleat," but it will have to subject itself to the humiliation of being publicly shunned while attending meetings for many months, a year or more before anyone will help it.

This religion is so un-Christian it's ridiculous!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It amazes me that people who have been regular publishers for quite some time can just stop going and no one makes any attempt to find out what is going on. It's like the moment you walk out of the Kingdom Hall for the last time you ceased to exist. It must feel kind of insulting, that you were so easily discarded. Is it because so many are leaving they know it's futile? Or they fear they will get infected with the Apostate cooties? Is everyone just so burdened with running on the hamster wheel of JW requirements they have no energy to think about any one else ?

I was irregular, in the JW way, never made the evening meeting, but was usually at the Sunday meetings, so I didn't expect any one to notice, but two brothers came out after I had quit the meeting for about two months. Fortunately I was in the middle of having a moving sale, so I couldn't talk to them, and I moved out of state two weeks later. I have to give them credit, at least they tried. They even brought over the circuit overseer about six months before that, but he basically declared me a lost cause, no love there, lol.

I attend the church my in laws go to occasionally when I visit, they do a much better job of taking care of their members. They talk about any one who is sick or going through problems during the service, even family or close friends of the members. They have people assigned casserole duty when needed. It was far more warm and loving than the JW congregations, that's for sure. It's probably for the best, I think the lack of love is what makes many people wake up to TTATT.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"their is no genuine love , not even for family members , I feel the writing is on the wall for this religion , sooner or later it will implode "

--

"brother" and "true friend" have a different definition in the WT Org. than anywhere else. Among JWs, those two terms need the qualifier "conditional" placed before them to be accurate.

The "[conditional] brother" who proudly declares he'd take a bullet for you, quickly takes back his "[conditional] friendship" if all you do is miss a few meetings. No checking in on you, no concern. Astonishing.

when I was in the process of fading I had a conversation with a good JW "[conditional] friend" about the Org. I told him that a split is coming right down the middle in the Org. The dividing line will not be doctrinal issues (although it's possible)...it will be the display, or lack of it, of love. I think JWs who are sincere will no longer be able to tolerate the escalating hate that is being propogated by the GB- against the "world" and fellow JWs. It will become too much to take. Hardliners, the "take no prisoners", "step over the bodies to get into Paradise" JWs will stay in; those that see the Org. for what it is will leave or fade into the background.

in the sales/marketing world the axiom is that it takes' ten times more effort and money to find a new customer than to keep the customer you already have'.

WT hasn't figured this out yet. While JWs spend thousands of hours to find ONE convert, ten JWs have walked out the back door without elders or fellow publishers noticing or caring. The entire WT system is a monumental waste of effort....

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Same experience here . Although my wife is regular and I am known at the Hall, nobody has reached out to try and reignite my "spirituality" as they would call it. I am on good terms, we exchange smalltalk but that is it - The elephant in the room is my inactivity and nobody wants to mention it.

I have an elder in the estended family whom I have seen regularly lately , still no interest in my salvation. Since they believe that I will be crow's food in the near future unless I change, do they care? Not a bit !

I should not complain. The repercussions of such a discussion might not be good

• 4thgen
    4thgen

It is so telling. We haven't attended in 2 years. Only one pioneer sister has kept in touch (to count time???) An elder does phone occasionally when my active elderly mother cannot be reached. NEVER has he asked how me or my family are. only asks @ my mother. ***hole!

Not a Christlike man in the bunch. Only company men.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I thought the case that I mentioned above was an isolated one but now I can clearly see there are others. You know I was driving past the hall a couple Saturdays back and I saw a car park of about 30 cars, with neatly dressed people with bags and ties. It just struck me how all these people are prepared to spend a day aimlessly walking around giving out mags, and yet the don't even know where an elderly member lives who is dying of cancer. Just really saddens me.

• WhoYourDaddy
    WhoYourDaddy

I can think of absolutely nothing good to say about the POS cult.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Yesterday, when my wife came back from the meeting, she told me I had 'special' regards from 3 brothers and 1 sister. One of the brothers is an elder. Usually, I just get regards, so I think the 'special' regards is because the CA is next week, and they hope to see me there. Fat chance. I've already wasted most of my life in the borg. I'm not about to give them 2 entire days! I just don't have that many left. I'm already dreading the upcoming memorial. My wife doesn't put any pressure on me to go to meetings anymore, but I'm not sure I can get away with missing this one. At least it is a short service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit