Six years , new location , no love.

by smiddy 19 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

I had never thought about this that much until now. My wife and I have been living in this community for over 6 years now , and NOBODY has ever called upon my wife or myself for that matter, to encourage us back to the meetings as jehovahs witnesses , who have become inactive /faded .

The same goes for my son and his wife , who live in the same area , have never been contacted with the intent of trying to re-activate them.

Admittedly, only a couple of times in these past 6 years we both my son and I , have had witnesses call upon us in the normal d2d work , without acknowledging if ever they knew we were non practicising witnesses . Hard to beleive since my neice is in the local congregation , and is aware of our former congregations that we attended .

To cap it off , a few of our "freinds" who know where we are have never ever offered any encouragement or support in trying to get us back to their "truth ". Not that I`m lamenting that . However I do feel that the witnessing work is not what it used to be . Their is no urgency , their is no genuine love , not even for family members , I feel the writing is on the wall for this religion , sooner or later it will implode . (hopefully )

smiddy

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Smiddy, exactly the same sentiments are felt throughout the Western Culture, love with the JWs has never been their strongest quality. My mother attended the Kingdom Hall in West Hollywood for months before any Jehovah's Witnesses talked to her, they were not friendly at the Kingdom Hall.

When we moved up to Santa Barbara, same crap, nobody was willing to speak to any of our family for months and the kids of the "good JWs" were no longer on the "No Bully Zone", I made friends quickly in school and had no problem when my friends thrashed the JW Kids because I felt "You deny me at the Kingdom Hall, I deny you when the bullies are picking on you!'

I've been in ten Kingdom Halls and honestly, they are all the same. JWs leave for "Greener Grass (AKA friendly Congregation who cares about it's own)" often disappointed and more depressed because they don't exist. When the shit hits the fan, few JWs are going to stand up to the task of being a real part of your life. Your story echos the same accounts and real life stories we all have seen, if they were truly loving Simon and his wife probably would not have this website up. True love and deep concern for their fellow Witnesses would allow us to forget much of the suffering we endured, true love means we would not have suffered in the fake organization.

I heard of thirty years going by before a Witness called on a man who once was part of the Organization, you have 5x more years to catch up to him!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I've experienced something similar. So much for leaving the 99 sheep and looking for the lost one. What did Jesus say was the identifying mark of true religion? Carry on doing your door-to-door magazine sales peddling JW's and go kiss my *ss.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

It's good they're leaving you alone. I think deep down though, we want to know we made an impact on these people: we didn't. They don't care about us, and it's good because they leave us alone.

• prologos
    prologos

same experience here, going to the meeting, all neighbours genuinely friendly, waving as we leave the street, then at the hall, icy stares, cliques clicking elders scurrying with papers. the divine divided comedy.

finished already.

• Jen1
    Jen1

I found it really easy to make friends at school. I found it really easy on any courses I did in latter life.

But jws no one cares.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I can relate to what you have said. Since I walked out of the Hall 9 months ago only 3 people so far could be bothered to contact me. I have a friend who was the PO of a congregation, and when he started fading he said "I don't know weather to be happy or insulted. I'm happy because I don't really want them coming around but on the other hand insulted because I spent the best part of my life busting my balls for that Org and at the end of the day I meant so much to them that only 3 people could be bothered to contact me. Part of the reason for this is the door frame mentality where by they have to go around knocking on doors but very little is done to retain it's current members. A good example of this was of 2 that bothered to see me. They were out in F'S so I'm guessing part of the reason was to count time on me. But shortly after they left because she had meet a person who may want a bible study. After they left I thought what would of been more productive. Trying to regain a lost sheep who spent the best part of his life believing a load of trash or a person who may want a bible study who probably won't be home and has forgotten about it. I have known of long time witnesses who have gotten sick and no one bothered to check up on them, and of another old dear who was seriously ill who's house was missed out in F'S because of the time it would take, and the society wonders why people are leaving in western countries.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Just another example. You think in the theocratic ministry school of the time thats taken up with knocking on doors trying to make new converts as apposed to the time spent in trying to retain them. Telling isn't it.

• designs
    designs

The Society shot themselves in the foot decades ago when they banned things like Congregation Picnics, It was all business. I remember families literally crying because there were no social get togethers in certain Halls.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Ok, you naturally wonder about the love. Understandable. But, you have been left alone, in peace. Better, no?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit