How many ex elders attend your meetings still.

by freddo 8 Replies latest jw friends

• freddo
    freddo

When I resigned from a body of about ten elders (jumped before pushed) in 2004 I was the only ex-elder in the hall. Now there are four of us! Not bad considering there are only six elders "serving". They look tired too.

If you still go, how many ex elders in your congregation?

• blondie
    blondie

When we left our last congregation, there were 5 elders and 8 ex-elders (not df'd). They finally appointed a wife-abuser and an alcoholic, so desperate were they. More interesting, is that there are only 2 MS and no possible candidates on the horizon.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was the only one I knew of in my last congregation and I wasn't there very long. But I have seen plenty in other congregations.

• piztjw
    piztjw

In my town...None.

And the COBE complains bitterly about "brothers" not reaching out. Personally I don't give a flying coitus at a rolling doughnut if I ever were to reach out. But then again I am too pizt off to ever do anything other than show up at meetings, just to aggravate the holier-than-thou, nose in the air, you ain't worth shit, jw's who are the examples, yet.

• label licker
    label licker

In our last congregation there were seven ex-elders and one of them was deleted twice.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

There were 6 XElders in my cong. One was removed twice, and he still is reaching out. Another guy, is reaching out, and has been used in some capacity, but was never reappointed. There has got to be something behind that story, but, it happened after my time as an Elder.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

After reading this post I can recall 5 or 6 ex elders who remained in the congregation. They were ex for several reasons, some were removed others "stepped down.' There was one who did not attend meetings after his eldership.

Not sure what everyone's status is now, I hope they are all still alive.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

I am one of 4 x elders in my congregation.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If our former Congs when we were attending there were more "former elders" than the number of those currently serving. More than enough to staff another congregation. The EX-elders were far more qualified men than those carrying the baton. I think most had seen a glimmer of TTATT but were still IN for family, friends, the social network.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit