Witness calls to tell me UN is attacking the Catholic Church, it has begun!

by Wasanelder Once 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• adamah
    adamah

Periodic Chinese fire drills are needed to keep JWs on their anxious tippy toes: although the specifics of the latest "threat" will soon be forgotten (since it's occurring in the neocortex), the generalized and vague sense of anxiety created (in the brain stem) will linger much longer, and that's a win for WTBTS.

Edit: wow, that's pretty harsh with the "stupid, ignorant, or insane" thing, no? What does that say for ex-JWs, then?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

When I was a JW I was ignorant, and to be ignorant for as long as I was, is stupid. Since leaving I have sensibly got educated.

I am still completely insane though, and do dribble a bit.

• adamah
    adamah

Phizzy said- When I was a JW I was ignorant, and to be ignorant for as long as I was, is stupid. Since leaving I have sensibly got educated. I am still completely insane though, and do dribble a bit.

LOL! Fair enough.

I personally find a gallon-sized dribble container works well to get thru the day without the need for frequent emptying....

• sir82
    sir82

I almost feel sorry for people like that.

Imagine their disappointment when February turns into March, April, May...2015, 2016, 2017... and still no great tribulation.

Almost.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Their [sic] continually looking for "signs" to stir up the faithful into doing more and more

They are forced to strain in their efforts to find a sign -- anything will do -- because NONE of the predictions have proved true.

Doc

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

Maybe that's why they joined the UN, years ago, so they would not "BE PERSECUTED", even though they no longer affiliate with them, they are safe. Wonder if the Catholic Church joined the UN ? & if they didn't maybe that's why the UN is after them...I'm just saying...

As the bible says, Nobody knows the day or the hour, except, God, not even his favorite Angel/son (Mike) aka: Jesus..oops, forgot, The org. knows...they are tight with God...Right ?

This religion started out with a good idea, but they can't keep it up...

Legacy

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

when February turns into March, April, May...2015, 2016, 2017... and still no great tribulation.

I often wonder if a time will come - perhaps 10, 20, 30 or 40 (if i get there) years, where the people around me who are still JW's (friends , family) will finally allow themselves to start admitting that the organization doesn't know what they are talking about, or if otherwise they will buy into the new excuses which are still to come as to why the great tribulation has not started.

I do firmly believe that in the coming years, something tragic of some magnitude will happen in the world which will cause the Org to claim the Great Tribulation has started. Once everything goes back to normal they will be forced to, yet again, eat their own words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit