Nervous dating stunted

by d 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• d
    d

Do you feel nervous and stunted when trying to date? i still do and I am 23.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I do and I am much older. You are supposed to feel nervous. A bit at least. It is not easy to meet strangers. When I dated friends, it was awkward b/c I had to interact with them again.

• d
    d

I mean I can talk to a female on a formal level but can not ask a girl out.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

What do you mean by formal level?

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Simple, don't ask a girl out "on a date". Instead, get to know the girl in your formal way for a few weeks. Then, explain to her that you want to go see "a movie, a concert, a party" . . . and would like her to come along because you enjoy her company. What girl can refuse that? Then, when you meet her at the door, bring her some flowers and chocolate and BE A NICE GUY on the first several dates. Don't try to have sex, immediately. Let her take the lead. A 23 year old woman will likely take the lead . .. .

• Badfish
    Badfish

If you can't ask a girl out, try a dating site for practice. All the girls on there are just waiting for you to ask them out. It's expected.

• d
    d

I mean formal in the sense of just having a regular conversation.In any other setting I get very nervous.I just want to take a girl out to lunch and get to know her better. I do not know why I get so nervous?

• Badfish
    Badfish

Nervousness is normal in those situations, but it can subside with a little practice. It just means you're not experienced enough in those sort of situations and need more exposure. Kind of like the apprehension you have when you're trying pretty much anything new that you don't have much experience with. The more you practice it, the less nervous you become as you get more used to it.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

The way to get RID of the fear is to go THROUGH the fear! Just accept that you are feeling uptight and self-conscious and then go ahead and ask a girl to go to a movie, or to have coffee. Chances are, she'll be feeling a similar level of anxiety. Just accept that your fears are a normal part of life and don't allow them to control you. Feel the fear and do it anyway!!! Chances are things will work out just fine. If the first 'date' doesn't go well, don't give up. Just go ahead and try again. My hunch is that the girl will be delighted that you are interested in getting to know her better, and will gladly accept an offer to hang out. Keep us updated!!!

• d
    d

Thanks I get really nervous around women who are very attractive.I feel that many are out of my league.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit