Powerful and Damning Awake quote, and questions to help JWs think....

by BU2B 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BU2B
    BU2B

Just thought of another question that could start someone waking up. You could say something to the effect of, "I was thinking how If we were to come across a person in the ministry who asks us how Luke 21:8 does not apply to JWs in light of the comments such as the ones (quoted below) how could we respond?"

Or you could say that someone at work or school presented you with the Awake quote and said Luke 21:8 proves JWs false, then you could say you need help coming up with a response to him.

Luke 21:8

He said: “Look out that YOU are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them.

This is the Awake quote.. Really the entire article is a false prophecy and worth checking out.. The best part is that it IS ON the WT Library for everyone to see.

g71 10/8 pg 26,27

"The generation living in 1914 when ‘these things started to occur’ has now grown old. In the more than half a century that has passed, that generation’s numbers have considerably diminished. Yet the “all things” foretold by Jesus for our day must occur fully before ‘this generation passes completely away.’ That means that the due time for their full occurrence must be near at hand, very close.

All the other features of Jesus’ prophecy have now come true with startling accuracy. We need not doubt that he spoke inspired truth when he said that the generation seeing the start of this “time of the end” will also see its windup. That will mean the end of the present unsatisfying, selfish, oppressive old order and the introduction of God’s righteous, refreshing new order."

Perhaps Jesus words did not need to be doubted, but the GB interpretation of them.- BU2B

• sir82
    sir82

In general, the success rate of arguing "doctrine" with an entrenched JW is well below 10%. Arguing about the reliability of the GB's promises is even less than that.

If your goal is to help others wake up, better to point out things like lack of love, hypocrisy, etc.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

sir82 said it.

JWs really do not care if their beliefs are true or not and will rationalize a hundred different ways why WT's false prophecies are acceptable. They worship the governing body, and neither undeniable facts nor incontrovertible evidence exposing the GB for what they are holds no sway with an indoctrinated JW.

probably the single biggest factor that wakes a JW up is seeing/experiencing the lack of love, injustice, hypocrisy and flat-out cruelty in the Org. Reality must affect a JW on a personal level before they begin to think and re-evaluate the belief system they've devoted themselves to.

• mauiboy
    mauiboy

It seems to me that both BU2B and Sir82 both have valid points. The fact is some things will motivate some people to start thinking, while other things may not stike a chord for that particular person. Limiting yourself to simply arguing from one side of the coin may overlook the trigger to wake someone up. As the old saying goes "different strokes, for different folks'. Don't disregard sharing any TTATT with any individual willing to hear.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

All the other features of Jesus’ prophecy have now come true with startling accuracy.

Well, I haven't seen a single thing come true....let alone 'other features'.

• steve2
    steve2

the buck stops with the chief prophet who is tarrying beyond reasonable expectations. If the Witnesses are on the hook, their chief prophet also should be.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

the GB are so blind. Jesus said that the generation of Israel alive during his time would see the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple. However for the last days and the end, nobody knows the day or the hour, and it does not belong to you to know the time frame of that (those were the kind of words he said about that).

He words came true. But they are blind to see that the 'this generation' part of his prophecies was only referring to the destruction of Jerusalem.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

There's an even more recent quote.

w12 3/15 p. 11 par. 4: "Another way we can “sleep on” is by ignoring the fact that Jehovah’s time to destroy the ungodly has approached."

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I feel slightly differently that sir and DCMS, simply because I woke up from a doctrinal matter. I generally had good experiences withint he org, was one of the golden boys, and could pretty much go as high as I wanted to. Fortunately at some point I realized I also needed to make a living, and I always kind of thought through things.

Once i was confronted with the blood doctrine, and knew I could not tell someone else to believe this and that it was worth their life to do so, the house of cards slowly was taken by the breeze. After that, the overreactions and crazy conversations with relatives just spurred me on.

I too think if its possible to get someone to think....do it. Even if it only makes them uncomfortable, you never know what they will think of later. They can't "un-know" what you tell them. Justify? yes. Allow? sure. But they cannot unknow it. So let them know. Do it in an open ended way.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Great one, its always good to use their literature against them, that way they can't claim you were on a Apostate website. lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit