Just Read 1.5 Hours worth of Conti Case Files

by lambsbottom 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The Conti case proves that the WTBTS is hell-bent on surviving, whatever the cost. Those lawyers made me ill the way they danced around the moral issues that the case presented. They are not Christian. They only care about what is legal, and wether or not they can continue with business as usual. The protection of the corporation comes first. Your kids, morality, even GOD is a distant second.

The WTBTS loves to talk about bible principles, but they fail to apply them. One CO loved to give an illustration that goes like this:

You are driving through a neigborhood. The speed limit is 30 mph. Legally, you have the right to go 30mph. You round the corner and see children running and playing near the shoulder of the road. They are not watching, where are the parents?? What do you do? Do you say, " It's the parents primary responsibility to protect these children, not mine." Do you continue at 30mph, or do you let your actions be ruled by bible principles? Love would dictate that you slow down, or even come to a stop if needed to protect those children. Love should take precedent over a legal right.

When the WTBTS protect itself by hiding behind legalities, instead of following the principle of love, how can they claim to be a Christian organization? They stand condemned. The jury did the right thing.

DD

• J.C.
    J.C.

There will be wing nuts in different locations from time to time. GB can't weed out every second of the day. When direction comes from the top. As in this case and any child abuse case. That's where it's wrong. That where I draw the Line. That's where I say. I'm done. See the Menlo Park Case as well. I haven't read much on Australia. But in sure It implicates the top.

• talesin
    talesin

Welcome to the board, J.C.

Indeed, that is a good place to draw the line, for the sake of the children.

There have been developments in Australia, because of a man named Steven Unthank, who pressed the government to make changes. There are threads about it here, and newspaper articles to be found by using a google search.

I hope you stick around and enjoy the discussion. When and if you feel comfortable, start a thread and tell us a bit about yourself - or not - whatever your comfort level.

talesin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit