Will Child Molestation Lawsuits Against The Watchtower Corporation Make It Claim Bankruptcy?

by frankiespeakin 27 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS moving gradualy over to a Web site based information center, as well the closing down and selling off of printing

branches, tells the story that they are indeed smart with their money.

One thing that doesn't get mentioned much and I would like to

remind people that the WTS. monetary assets are

held in high interest saving accounts building up more from year to year.

• factfinder
    factfinder

It would appear they are well in control of their assests.

But what are they DOING with all of their billions? They keep cutting back on the printing budget, closing branches and downsizing- why are they doing this when they have so much money?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I assume they want even more money. The rest of the world is changing to an Internet based system. Their printed literature with the wild colored covers is so distinctive. JW.org scares me b/c it is not honest. On the other hand, it is difficult to prove they are telling falsehoods. I think they hired an outside consultant. People may not believe apostate sites after JW.org.

I am certain they audit their financial statements. Embezzlement should show up during an audit. Also, they may have insurance against embezzlement.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Lets hope that the WT Corporation's pocket run deep so that many victims get a nice settlement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7xcjy9h70c

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Like I said before this won't bankrupt them. Will give them a serious head ach but won't bankrupt them. The cost to there reputation would far exceed any settlement. That is what they need to be more worried about. What I can't understand is just how slowly all this information is infiltrating the congregation.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Whilst it is unlikely to bankrupt them, it does depend on:

a) How many child abuse victims there are

b) How many come forward and sue

If there were 1,000s that came forward, and were awarded Candace Conti type pay outs, then yes it could do. Lets say 1,000 cases get awarded $10M each. Then that's $10BN.

I don't think the WT has that much stashed to one side.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS is much more concerned about their public image they strive for, thats why a few cases in California were settled out of court with a no tell agreement.

A few cases here and there isn't going to bankrupt them, they know they have the money to cover themselves

whatever happens.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Although I do think child sex abuse is certainly a problem in the Org. I really don't belive there would be the volume of good quality cases that would stand up in Court. I'm guessing there may be a couple dozen more perhaps 200 -500 million payed out. Shock Horror then a couple decades latter the dubbies have forgotten about it, and life moves on for Wt. I certainly don't think it will get any where near like the Catholic Church but I'm not saying that they are any less culpable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit