Will Child Molestation Lawsuits Against The Watchtower Corporation Make It Claim Bankruptcy?

by frankiespeakin 27 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• lrkr
    lrkr

They have hundreds of millions in real estate which they are now liquidating. If there is to be a financial problem- its at least 20-30 years out.

• lrkr
    lrkr

They have hundreds of millions in real estate which they are now liquidating. If there is to be a financial problem- its at least 20-30 years out.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

O and can the local incorporated congregation that owns a kingdom hall change its bylaws without notification of the Watchtower's CEOs? Or is their some way a congregation that is defecting from the clutches of the Watchtower Corporation can change its Corporation bylaws to keep Kingdom Halls from being liquidated to pay off WT debts?

• 4thgen
    4thgen

They prepared well a few years ago by liquidating the protecting their assets via legal vieils. Unfortunately, they will remain solvent. Remember they do not have to pay lawyers and fees, their labor is free like all the other volunteers. Yes, 'Religon is a snare and a racket".

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

There must be a loophole in the bylaws that can give ownership back to the congregation corporation, so that it can't be liquidated to pay off child molestation lawsuits? if so what is it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loophole

A loophole is an ambiguity in a system, such as a law or security, which can be used to circumvent or otherwise avoid the intent, implied or explicitly stated, of the system. Loopholes are searched for and used strategically in a variety of circumstances, including taxes, elections, politics, the criminal justicesystem, or in breaches of security, or a response to one's civil liberties.

Historically, arrow slits were narrow vertical windows from which castle defenders launched arrows from a sheltered position, and were also referred to as "loopholes". [1] Thus a loophole in a law often contravenes the intent of the law without technically breaking it, much as the small slit window in a castle wall provides the only ready means of gaining entry without breaching or destroying the wall or a gate. For example, in some places, one may avoid paying taxes to the jurisdiction by forming a second residence in another location, or a commercial property can be built in a residential zone if it is made also for residential use. [citation needed]

In a security system, the one who breaches the system (such as an inmate escaping from prison) exploits the loophole during the breach. Such weaknesses are often studied in advance by the violator, who spends time observing and learning the routine of the system and sometimes conducts surreptitious tests until such a loophole can be found.

Examples

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`m pretty sure they have millions of $ `s in investments also which will generate more $`s .

smiddy

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

This subject greatly interests me. Although they are downsizing and cutting back, I do believe they are far from going under. The Conti case is a drop in the bucket for what they are worth. I think what Wt needs to be more concerned about, is the damage to their reputation, which would be more than any financial settlement. Although I do believe child abuse is a problem in this organisation trying to get it to stick to them through the legal system is quite another matter. I also don't think that there wouldnt be the volume of good quality cases to Finnish them. I'm guessing there may be a couple dozen successfull cases at the most, and probably a $200-400 million pay out in total. Will be enough to certainly give them a serious head ach, but won't Finnish them - but hey I'm no legal expert.The difference between sex abuse with the Catholic church is that the priest were paid employees of the catholic church, and the Catholic Church should of known better. With the witnesses is was a case of , lousy advice, poor controls, and the restriction of information. I suppose with the witnesses every body's problem was no body's problem. Not as cut and dry as the catholic example. Well that is my opinion.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

How about if the WT claim it is all down to the Governing Body, they are uiltimately responsible, so only they ,and not the Corporation should be sued.

The GB then point out that they have no money whatsoever. Job done. WT assets preserved in tact. The GB carries on its Rock-star life-style as before.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I wonder if the wts could have problems with embezelment. Is it possible some in charge of the funds could be getting away with stealing money from the society on a regular basis?

We would not be told of this of course, as 'brothers' never steal (lol), but is it possible it has been happening?

I doubt the wts will ever need to file for bankruptcy, nor would any lawsuits be enough to do any major damage.

But could mishandling of the assets, or actual embelzelment of monies be taking place? Perhaps the wts could be vulnerable to that.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Embezzlement. I doubt it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit