Interview with an apostate: Bruja-del-Sol

by Bruja-del-Sol 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Very interesting Bruja thanks.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Bruja, for someone without any "education" your english is actually superb. Welcome and if you want to have a dutch chat please let me know (see PM!)

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

What a lovely read. Your life in Spain sounds idyllic. What you wrote about JW's raising their children with the mindset that they are superior is so true! It gives a false sense of confidence and does nothing to promote unity with others. Thank your for sharing.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Very sad to see how small personal disagreements can lead to such tragic results .............

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Thanks for posting. It's always nice to see how others have gone on the journey out of the vile cult.

• humbled
    humbled

I love your clear descriptions of how, what and why you did things. It was heart-breaking to hear how your dear old sister was let down by the "Friends".

I wrote to an old pioneer sister who is 80 now. I love her so much! She is too much a JW to write me back. But even before I left she felt let down, lonesome. She lived in Berlin during WWII and saw too much bad things. She converted in her 30s in the U.S. after marrying an American.

I make a point to drive past her house and saw her once. She is crippled up and so old....

Perhaps your basic human warmth kept you from the greatest poison of the cult....the suppression of free-flowing love.

• innerpeace
    innerpeace

Enjoyed reading your experiences. I was dating a 'worldy' guy in school when I was 17, was crazy about him, but my witness friends persuaded me to break up with him cause he wasn't a witness, so I gave in. Then a few yrs later married a JW with a lot of issues, very unhappy and unstable relationship. I ended it after 9 yrs. Now I am married to my soul mate, him and my boys are really the best thing that has ever happened to me.

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

Thank you all so very much for your responses!

@Gorby: yup, another one to join the Dutch forces on JWN

@Xanthippe: thank you in return, nice of you to write a reaction.

@DeWandelaar: thanks for the compliment. I had some education: primary school (lagere school) and secundary school (HAVO). But the foundation for my English came from the Beatles... Age 6 I started to really love their music and my father translated a lot of their songs for me, so that I knew what they sang. Isn't it great, having learned a language from such 'demonic' music?

@Gypsy Sam: thank you, glad you liked it. And yes, my life in Spain is sometimes very idyllic (at the moment it's just plain cold and wet.... but this evening just before sunset we saw the most beautiful huge and very wide rainbow... Nature at its best!)

@TheOldHippie: I'm not exactly sure what you mean? Any specific part of my story?

@Punkofnice: thank you, that's exactly why I've written it, since I enjoy the stories of others very much also.

@Humbled: I can understand you so well. I've sent my grandmother a letter a few years ago. She did write me back, even sent a picture of herself (taken on the District Convention... of all places!), to tell me she couldn't meet me because of her conscience. Jehovah would disapprove... So sad, since I asked her if we could hug each other just once, for the last time, just being grandmother and granddaughter... But she couldn't. And even though it hurt, I could understand where she came from. So I haven't bothered her again. She'll be 90 this year and I fear the day that she'll die, since I still don't know what to do if her funeral day arrives... I can imagine it must feel somewhat the same for you and that old sister, to know she'll die one day, and not being able to ever hug her again. I'm so glad I had that chance with that old sister I took care of, I had no idea at the time that I would never get such a chance with my own grandmother.

@Innerpeace: So glad for you that you've found your soulmate. Is he the person you'd lost as a young girl? The Dixie Chicks recorded a song about this topic, called 'A home'. Good that you and I (and so many others, like LisaRose) eventually managed to build that home after all:

A Home

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

OH and I can't resist, have to post this song as well... hahaha, this has been my favorite song the first year after I got DF'd

Sin Wagon - Dixie Chicks

• cafeconleche

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit