Can Elders Gauge If A Pedophile Has Repented? CBOE Tells me Yes!

by RottenRiley 15 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

He is a common denominator of the Elderbody mindset, what he said is not only common but was accepted "Best Practices" pre Barbara Anderson and Bowen exposure. The Watchtower believed their elders and circuit overseers could keep the child raping freaks under control, their arrogance will be their being sent to Hell in the next world!(My humble Opion).

Why are JWs not allowed to speak about the pedophiles without landing them in the Elder's dusty office? You would think that will a congregation full of janitors and window washers the dust would not be so think.

Excellent comments and thanks for IM, I can't agree with you more!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

My wife had a grandfather that was a freak and he was once an elder before the pediphile was caught. Then when he was about to be appointed as an elder again he just up and died. The wife is or was convinced that Jah took him out before he could use his position again to commit these evils. Just goes to show how delusional people will be concerning their faith and their religion and its leaders.

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Read the Case of Micheal Porter in the UK, the Judge would make a good JW Circuit Overseer.

"

The sentence provoked a fierce reaction from Porter's sister, who said the "ludicrous" punishment was an insult to his victims.

Tina Hughes, 40, said: "I'm absolutely disgusted. I'm very, very angry. I think the judge was absolutely pathetic. He just took my brother's side completely and believed that all he needed was a bit more therapy and now realised he had done wrong.

"He blamed his childhood for the attacks, which was a lie, but the judge ate it all up. I just broke down in tears when the judge said he wasn't going to jail. The whole courtroom went quiet. No one could believe it.

"I can't believe the judge thinks he is safe to be allowed out on the streets. He won't stop. There's no justice for the victims. No closure. He had no right to leave that courtroom.

"He has a lovely life. He has a religion standing by him. He has lost nothing. He's just not human. He's an evil monster. He can't have a soul.

"He was in a very high position. Children loved him and parents worshipped him. They thought he was God's son on earth. He was the last man they would ever suspect of doing something so horrific. He abused dozens of children and even a baby. But he's still free."

Porter was a member of the Jehovah's Witnesses in Portishead and Clevedon. He left the family home in Clevedon and moved to Mill Hill in London in 2000 after his mother died. Porter, who was supported in court by his wife, Joanne, confessed after one of his victims threatened to go to the police.

The church said yesterday it would support him. But it denied claims by Porter's sister that he would continue to come into contact with children through his religion and visit families.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/aug/24/ukcrime.stevenmorris

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

The sad answer to your comment is in the crazy world of the watchtower many elders have answerd with a resounding yes.

• DJS
    DJS

These are two separate issues. First, elders - or any other human for that matter - can never determine repentence. Lots of people can fake anything, including repentence. Lots of time given where someone shows by their action and behaviors is the best determinant, but even that is not perfect.

Second, those who like children for sex are, based on what the experts say, brain wired to be sexually attracted primarly to children. This is no different, again from what experts say (lots of good data on it), this is similar to a hetero or homo-sexual. They are primarly brain wired to sexually respond to the opposite or same sex respectively.

That is why there are child molester laws that presribe where they can live, that they have to register and even Internet sites showing the residence locations of convicted child molesters. I really feel for those sexually attracted primarly to chldren. I wouldn't have wanted that in my DNA. Having said that, preying on children for sex is atrocious and warrants the laws and punishment.

So even if someon who was primarily sexually attracted to children was repentent, it is unlikely they would lose the desire. It is a very very difficult arena.

• arimatthewdavies
    arimatthewdavies

Speaking as a person who suffered violent and sexual abuses in childhood. I can tell you that the abusers themselves were abused

in childhood and so on and so on.but beleif in jehovah and repentance can not heal childhood root patterning! whatever happens to a child at a young age

will be the root personality of that person all their lives. now this may sound extreame to some but if a person knows he or she has been

molested as a child, that person also should know that no matter how he or she tries to be normal and healthy they are simply

suppresing a problem that isnt going away! knowing this, if the person loves god and his fellowman,their is a few options.

I will name two.certain drugs like depopravera will help to control those desires. but the ultimate cure is an operation. the person out of love for jehovah

and his fellowman gets surgury done...just 200 years ago the practice of make ones self a eunuch for religeious reasons was considered

highly honerable and was a common practice for preists. a person of today can have a gonad removal surgury and never again

have any desire to molest,rape, or fornicate. also a eunuch lives longer and more healthy and is free to concentrate on those things

of god without sexual temptations, they make excellant doctors and councilers.and the mistrust factor is eliminated! I lay this before

all people to consider because this was the method used years ago to prevent such problems, perhaps its worthy of consideration in todays world

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit