Can Elders Gauge If A Pedophile Has Repented? CBOE Tells me Yes!

by RottenRiley 15 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

A few years ago I had a talk with a COBE of the local Kingdom Hall, he said the Elders could tell if a child-sex offender like Fredick Cecil Maclean FBI list(Hidding In Oak Ridge, Oregon) would strike again. I wish I had this on tape for Candance Contii's legal team because he reflects many of the cowards I served on with the Body of Elders. There was a Pedophile Elder who bullied the other Elders in to covering over his sins because the Elders were either too old or his buddies he showered with gifts. The COBE told me that "Most Sexually Abused children don't come forward in their later-years because that was not his experience." and when I showed him what the consensus was from accounts from Online, he accused me of being a Apostate!

If the above is not clear enough, he really belived (served as a elder since 1986) he could tell by his Elder's Manual who would strike again because Pedophile JWs don't lie!

What can a JW Elder see a trained Psychiatrist or Prosecuting Attorney can't see? Whose spirit is guiding them, or was guiding them to forgive Pedophiles?

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Rotten, you have a PM.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And what about if the molestation was motivated by a drive to control the child, or to ruin the lives of children? Scumbags that do that also lie to feint repentance, and it is almost impossible for any mere hounder with an IQ of around 60 to determine whether someone is repentant (especially if that someone is a control freak and/or wishes to ruin children's lives). And many of those hounders can barely offer advice that is consistent with the LIE-ble, let alone determine whether someone is sorry or just lying.

Yet, they are more demanding when the "sin" is something like regular fornication, celebrating Christmas, or giving a non-approved comment at the washtowel study.

• tiki
    tiki

the statistics are pretty much indicative of this gentleman's stance being pretty much wrong..............

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am certain that some pedophiles repent. The problem is they are unable to conform their behavior. They have very high recidivism rates. I don't know the scientific studies. They must be isolated from children.

The Roman Catholic Church believed in repentence and reform. They relied in good faith on studies from the 1960s that reported good results from treatment. Short of drastic castration, it does not seem to be treatable or at least not with present methods. I've often wondered why. Medication is available but it is not fool proof. I don't understand it. Celibate men have sex drives. Masturbation should offer relief. They can't seem to stay away from children.

Psychiatrists and psychologists don't know the mechanisms. Of course, elders have zero insight. Cardinals of the Church have no insight. A pope resigned b/c of the church's problems. Popes don't normally resign. I do see a trend in my everday life. My social cirlce includes a wide circle of people. Professionals who have spent years of hard study rarely claim to know it all. My friends who did not attend college and read the Internet, know it all. I was so certain of facts in high school. Education and practice made me ever conscious of what I can never know. When you don't know what you don't know, you are vulnerable.

• blondie
    blondie

Since the WTS says the elders cannot read hearts or minds...it is just a crap shoot. Ask the COBOE if he has children, would he socialize with the confessed pedophile, let his child go d2d with them, etc.? So are the elders willing to bet their own children on their decision?

*** w08 3/15 p. 27 par. 8 Do You View Others as Jehovah Does? ***

Jehovah can read hearts, while we cannot. This in itself is a good reason for us not to be judgmental. We do not know all of another person’s motives.

*** w81 7/1 p. 21 par. 15 The God of Love Hates a Divorcing ***

Elders can base their decision only on the apparent repentance, but they are unable to read the heart fully.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

What can a JW Elder see a trained Psychiatrist or Prosecuting Attorney can't see?

Nothing ... except their own delusions!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

He was just spouting the party line......The theory is that repentence is manifest at J C meeting, if it is present....but we all know that that is just not true. It does not hold even for "ordinary" sins let alone the complex psychological matters of child abuse. Too many cases prove them wrong, sometimes.

They have to keep up the facade of Holy Spirit being in charge..they tell the flock to obey their decisions as made by God - so they have to believe that it is superhuman in origin

• finally awake
    finally awake

I am sure that some pedophiles feel genuine regret. However, they are unable to change their basic nature. Lions DON'T eat grass, and pedophiles DON'T stop wanting to molest children.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I know from first hand experience that there is absolutely no way that elders can determine repentance. They are frequently wrong on both sides of any alleged "determination."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit